daytime running lights question

sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't know where else to put it....

Anyways, I was wondering if there is anyway to wire my daytime running lights to also run at night? Would I just wire it to my headlights? I heard somewhere that DRL's aren't meant to run all the time, only during the day...

not really sure if this will answer your question but most vehicles that have DRL use the low beams at a lower voltage so they are not as bright, running your low beams as DRL at night would serve no point as they would not be bright enough

sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't know where else to put it....

Anyways, I was wondering if there is anyway to wire my daytime running lights to also run at night? Would I just wire it to my headlights? I heard somewhere that DRL's aren't meant to run all the time, only during the day...

then what would be the point of normal headlights?

DRL's are there so people can see you easier in the daytime. its the law and a safety feature.

my DRL are actually my High beams on low voltage so they are dimmer. so in his case, it would help? i guess. seems a bit pointless to me, if you want brighter lights for night time, when no ones around, you can do a mod so both Highs and Low beams come on at the same time when you flick high beams on..

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/25638/ftdrlnstall.pdf

Hit or miss on that article... But that's probably the easiest way to approach it. I've been wanting to do something similar to what you're trying to do... Just never got around to doing it.

For those of you asking.... This mod isn't anything more than stylistic.

Archived