Sonic Electronix

i have a tiny battery in the back for my audio..i am going to upgrade! i have a memphis mojo 4000 wrms amp. what kind of battery would i need for it? also i am a little confused on volts when it comes to batteries. i know most batts are 12v. but a guy from the audio place where i live said i should run a 16v kinetiks in the back..could i do this? would my car system charge 12volts? i thought cars have a 12v system? maybe im just confused with you are not supposed to put 16v under the hood. anyways advice would be great! thanks everyone

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

to run 16v, you need a whole lot of new equipment, so dont even bother with it. for 4kw i'd run 2 g31's (powermaster d3100, kinetik hc2400, shurikem bt-120, etc...) in the back, something good under the hood, and the biggest HO alt I could fit. If you plan on playing it hard for extended periods (more than like 3 songs without time to charge) get more...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

stop listening to the audio shop guy. hes retarded if he tells you to run a 16v battery on a 12v system. i'd run an XS Power d3100 and another XS Power battery under the hood (the biggest that will fit)

12v systems charge at about 14-15v

14v systems charge at about 16-17v

18v systems charge at about 19-20v

someone correct me if im wrong

stop listening to the audio shop guy. hes retarded if he tells you to run a 16v battery on a 12v system. i'd run an XS Power d3100 and another XS Power battery under the hood (the biggest that will fit)

12v systems charge at about 14-15v

14v systems charge at about 16-17v

18v systems charge at about 19-20v

someone correct me if im wrong

X2 on the shop guy. If you spend 5 minutes on here you'll see that 95% of audio shops are packed with brand dickriders and idiots.

and Kranny, no one's going to correct you. I've seen all three types of systems... 18v is insane. The guy I knew was sponsored by audiobahn, did 160.1dB sealed up at 40Hz, on 4 12s in a sealed box. he was 18.6v from batteries and 19.8v from alt, IIRC.

i have a tiny battery in the back for my audio..i am going to upgrade! i have a memphis mojo 4000 wrms amp. what kind of battery would i need for it? also i am a little confused on volts when it comes to batteries. i know most batts are 12v. but a guy from the audio place where i live said i should run a 16v kinetiks in the back..could i do this? would my car system charge 12volts? i thought cars have a 12v system? maybe im just confused with you are not supposed to put 16v under the hood. anyways advice would be great! thanks everyone

Hey i have heard some bad things about the Batteries i use. Talk to Loganberry, he said he could recommend a better company.

For the record the company(Big Hog) was VERY good to me, but i have not had to go back for anything.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

ive known people who ran 18 volts and fried everything, did switch stuff out, just put an 18 volt alternator

2010 Subaru Impreza

Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD

2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2

Audison LRx 1.1K

superglue a dildo to the center of the cone....lube it.....then have that dumbass sit on it :good:

while playing a 10hz note

haha, this reminds me of a paintball sticker i have "my balls slap at 300fps"

now I want a sticker that says "i fuck at 10hz"

ive known people who ran 18 volts and fried everything, did switch stuff out, just put an 18 volt alternator

yeah .. well usually when you do voltage that high.. it's an SPL only vehicle... there's no cruise control or computers or headlights or anything...

Archived