Second Skin Audio

Ohm load question, please

my buddy has a JL audio blk e11 500x1 amp, and the old school kicker comp vrs dual 4 ohm ( black) 10s, an i just need to know whats the best ohm to run them at.... itold him 8ohms

HIS JL AMP IS OLD SCHOOL NAVY BLUE NOT WHITE

Edited by GORILLAslap

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

Ya about 8 ohm would be best.

As long as they are the Comp VR witch is actually the Competition D series I would recommend 125 to 150 watts RMS per woofer and a sealed airspace of 1cf to 1.25cf.

These only came in a single voice coil.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

If they are dual voice coil then each woofer can handle 300 to 350 watts a piece and these woofers work in sealed and ported boxes.

Wire that amp down to 1 ohm if it can handle it.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Ya about 8 ohm would be best.

As long as they are the Comp VR witch is actually the Competition D series I would recommend 125 to 150 watts RMS per woofer and a sealed airspace of 1cf to 1.25cf.

These only came in a single voice coil.

there dual 4ohm FOR sure but they are kicker comp vr , an there black

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

there dual 4ohm FOR sure but they are kicker comp vr , an there black

I used to run them before I moved up to the L7's.

Answer above.

Terryswork001.png

If the subs are indeed dual 4, you can series the voice coils to 8 ohm, and then parallel the speaker leads to 4 ohms. Unless the amp is 1 ohm stable, then parallel everything ... which would give you a 1 ohm load. I can't find the specs for that amp online, though. I'd stick with 4 ohms until you know for sure.

I used to run them before I moved up to the L7's.

Answer above.

how do i know what ohm the amp is at?

i understand how to bring the subs to 8ohms ( pos-neg neg-neg)

I gave you the specs on the 2 different type of Comp VR but I don't see anything in JL's discontinued amp lines.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps_pages.php?page_id=208

Terryswork001.png