Toady's 2000 Grand Am Gt (New Pics On Pg.2)

Last update for a couple of weeks, recently had my new box DESTROYED by fedex so it will be awhile to the new one to arrive. In the meantime, im ordering another set of tweets with crossovers, and a Cadence CEQ773 EQ With Clip Control

car looks good toady sucks about your new box hopefully you will get a new one soon and be up and boomin again

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

car looks good toady sucks about your new box hopefully you will get a new one soon and be up and boomin again

Thanks man i absolutely love this car. Yeah right now im just trying to keep my head up i wish it would have been in good condition but, good things come to those who wait. I Can't wait to be boomin again lol

• 4 weeks later...

First Update in awhile pics will be up soon just got done working. Well to start off i won my claim and recieved my new custom box from fedex damage free. I got the subs mounted and wired up. Had to switch the install around because the box was so big i guess i miscalculated on dimensions, but no problem new install is gonna be better. Amp rack is mounted behind box, new tweets and cross overs are install a total of 6 (for now), Contacted Anthony and ordered a total of 40sqft of Damplifier, and Pro. Had a leak in my donut well so i fixedd the weather stripping, and siliconed in placed, the lined the whole trunk with sound deadener. Ordered 10 ft of 1/0 and 4 awg wire. 8 boxes of terminals both ring and spade. Ordered 2 cooling fans, and plenty of work moving wires and cleaning the whole install up a bit. Will have pics on the way

loooooking good bro, i need moar!!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys for no update in awhile ran into a bunch of problems, and got some fixed. Well the belt problem is fixed, and the wet trunk problem is fixed, i re sealed the trunk lid seal, and heavy siliconed the seals, grommets, boots, etc. From that point today i had an empty trunk with just a bunch of wires in the very back of the trunk laying in the seat.

New package what could this be??

0616101453.jpg

0616101455.jpg

Thanks Ant!! 40 + sq^ft of Damplifier Black, And Damplifier Pro

0616101458.jpg

Another box Hmm..

0701101545.jpg

More wire, Terminals, Fans, etc.

0701101545a.jpg

New cooling fans to be mounted at bottom of amp wall

0701101554.jpg

Stinger 3/0

0701101554a.jpg

A total of 3 boxes

0702101501.jpg

0702101501a.jpg

Gettin rid of sony xplod

0702101501b.jpg

Ok now for the install

0705101319.jpg

Lid 2 layers of Pro

0705101320.jpg

Whole Spare tire well and majority of bottom with Damplifier

0705101320a.jpg

Newly Siliconed Trunk Seal

0705101320b.jpg

To the front have to remove old wires and etc.

0705101331.jpg

Cleaned it up and ran new Fosgate rca's

0705101349.jpg

Ran wires back, Messy Speaker wires, Power, New epicenter and crossover mounting location

0705101321.jpg

Made holes and marked screws for the cap bank

0705101320c.jpg

Got the box in(Huge Pain) Newly chained caps ready to be mounted in place

0705101457.jpg

0705101457a.jpg

Got the amp wall started and amps mounted on front ( I know what the hell is that, just a idea im running with and yes air can still move into the front i've tested it)

0705101458.jpg

More work to come this was just done earlier today before work, tomorrow i have the day off so even more work to come, I even have more 1/0 on the way and some Xs Power Batts

Not trying to post bump at all, I had questions from some members asking if I drilled the amps into my box, and i did not. Behind the box I'm working on a wall as you can see, its an idea in the process, air is still gonna be getting through into the rest of the car Trust me, its not completely sealed off, i will post more pics up whn i get more work done

That box isn't exactly custom, Alts Audio/ Video near me has two rows stacked to the ceiling with those exact boxes with different color faces, black, aluminum, green, red you name it, I know a few kids running them. And I believe their all around 40hertz tuning before woofer displacement so even higher if I remember. Might wanna do some measurements cause I think you got took on the box tuning. But I could be wrong, its happened before on not familiar with the source of that style/brand prefab. They want like $270 a piece for painted faced and $600 for a box like that with diamond plating on the face. Yikes!

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Archived