I am building up a system in my '04 Yukon. I will be powering one RF T1500-1bd and two T600-4(s). The T1500-1bd will be running two RF 15" T215D2(s) and the two T600-4(s)will be powering RF T2652-S components mids and highs. I have decided to go kind of "overkill" as far as the power and ground wiring goes due to the fact that if I would ever upgrade and need more power the pain in the rear of running these cables will be already done. I will be installing a one new cranking battery (Kinetic HC1400)and a new battery (Kinetic HC2400) deticated for the audio system. I will be performing the big three upgrade under the hood using 0 gauge cable and installing 0 gauge cabling from the cranking battery to the audio battery. I will be upgrading my stock alt. as soon as I find one that I like.

Should I run both 12VDC(+) and 12VDC(-)from battery to battery or just the 12VDC(+) from cranking battery(+) to audio battery(+)? Should I connect a my 0 gauge grounding cable from the audio battery(-) to a grounding point as close as possible to my audio battery and not run it all of the way back to the cranking battery(-)?

I also will be installing a RF RFC10HB capacitor on the load side of the audio battery. I have seen on a couple of threads here that some people frown on using a capacitor. Whats this issue all about?

Eclipse CD7200MK2 HU (Ipod controls, XM radio, HD radio), Eclipse 8 Disc CD Changer,(1)RF T1500-1bd,(2)T600-4,RF RFC10HB Capacitor, RF T2 15" subs, RF mids and highs.

Caps are constantly recharging and distrubuting at such as fast rate that it keeps the alternator working extra hard to keep up. Which in a sense doesn't help at all, and it never does. Batteries have always worked better, and are better for your alternator, power wise and electric wise

Edited by Enellz

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

Caps are constantly recharging and distrubuting at such as fast rate that it keeps the alternator working extra hard to keep up. Which in a sense doesn't help at all, and it never does. Batteries have always worked better, and are better for your alternator, power wise and electric wise

So I guess that I should scrap the capacitor then....

Yes sir...

It has been proven to be a good filter as far as road noise...other than that it sucks...

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!