Second Skin Audio

need a good ported box scetchup

i useto be on tdh and someone from there made me a box but i lost the pics of it so i need someone to design me one so i can go head n build it since im off this week

its gunna be for 2 mtx 8000 1504's heres there pdf http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/manualsQuickInstall/subs/T8154A.pdf

amp will be memphis pr1000.1

im still debateing on inverting em or regular, the subs move forward more than downward so i dunno, plus the 12spoke basket looks sexi

subT8000AGroup.jpg

subT8124A.jpg

i got 2 mtx 5500 1544's also and dont kno what will be louder, the 8000's move to there peak excursion with what power im giveing em n the 5500's are 300rms n ied be feeding them around 500rms so i unno

heres the 5500 pdf http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/TechData_T5515-44.pdf

i built the box for the 5500 1544, the ported one, and was playin around with my stereo one day n i slapped one of my 8000's in it and when i had it hooked up im my room it would play the higher notes but not the low ones, but when i put it in my truck it would pound the low notes but not the higher ones and i dont kno what freq its tuned to so i dunno what to work from

i want somethin that will sound good on lows but still play clean on some rock n country also

i just want a basic ported box that will sound nice, and some measurements also that i can go by, i just got a new circle jig that will do a circle from 10'' to 4ft so it will work pritty good

it will be going in a 99 tacoma excab, i think my depth can be around 17'', high want to keep it around 20 or so inch, can be a lil more but still want to see out my back window, and around 50 somethin inches wide, im still debateing on how im gunna do my rear speakers, if im gunna make places on the ends of my box for em and hide my battery behind one or might try to put it in my cubble hole or just keep it diff

heres a pic of how i want to do it, minus the hifonics and the 8's, im gunna use the 8's in my geo and my hifonics is shot so i cant use it

newsetup.jpg

plz help n thanks, as soon as i get a design i'll start building it, i got 2 sheets of 3/4 13ply birch to use and make my amp rack, im gunna double it up n make the subs recessed for a cleaner look, dunno if im gunna mount the amps like that n make the wires pritty or keep em on bottom under box for safty reasons

both amps have a fan in em so were ever i decide to mount em it dont matter, the box will sit on a false floor, and be carped to match factory carpet

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i would really like to use the 5500's, there a lil louder but my 8000's play lower so i dunno, i aint tryed the 5500 in that box yet in my truck so i unno, i might just coppy there design twice if it sounds good

i like the 8000's cause it keeps me at a 2ohm load and helps on electrical, but amp is 1ohm stable so i can do w/e with it

need help ppls, i start school monday so im gunna use the time i got off the best i can

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

anybody? im not good at ported boxs, i can design sealed boxs pritty good but ported im not realy kin to really

would like to learn alot, i tryed the re box calculator but i dunno exactly how to use it n i wished i could put the port in the middle, or maby i can do 2 small boxs n screw em together i unno

i dnt really kno how to build a box to the subs characteristics, i might just try to duplicate that mtx box again i guess

i just want to see what a good ported box sounds like, all ive had was prefab ported boxs so i unno

This is the port calculator I used for my box:

My link

i found it a lot easier than the one on the forum... gl tho

edit:

ill start workin up an idea but someone will probably beat me to it lol

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

i dont really kno how to use one of those yet, ive always done sealed boxs, would it be easier to use aero ports instead of a slot vent or will they be port turbulence with a tube port?

ok my draw up was: (for the 5500's)

W:40" H:20" D:15" using 1" thick wood = 5.14 cF

Port:

W:3" H:18" Tuned to 33Hz = Port length of 20" (so back 10" and over 10")

The way i built my box was having both subwoofers in the same "chamber" and one port... hopefully that helps lol

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

i dont really kno how to use one of those yet, ive always done sealed boxs, would it be easier to use aero ports instead of a slot vent or will they be port turbulence with a tube port?

i have a vented port didnt really get the whole tube port and the vented just seemed a lot easier... my friend has a tube port and i really cant tell the difference but maybe someone can lol idk

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

• 2 weeks later...

i want something thats tuned to play a pritty flat range but still dip low when i want it to

im all for building stuff but dont kno how to tune a port

and dont kno if my 5500's will be louder ported or my 8000's, the 8000's move more but i dunno, and the 55's are dual 4 vs the 8k's are single 4

and for some reason my 5500's wouldn't play lows that good in the sealed box i built to spec for them, but my 8000's pump out some lows quite nicely but dont play the higher notes like my 8000's do, i dont kno what to do really

i listen to alot of rock and country, but still like to wang on some rap and rnb every now again

i might just say hell with it and built that spec box mtx designed for the 5500 1544 and double it for 2 and slap it in the truck and see how it sounds, and if its ok i'll pretty it up a lil bit,

just dont kno how to go bout my rear fill, i can put my rear 6&1/2's in teh back on the sides of the box were factory holes are but i dont kno if i can hear em over the bass, and i need some rear fill to help out the door speakers a lil bit, i might just make my box as wide as the one i got now and just make that ported box to spec and run my wires threw the ends like my old setup

just dont kno what to do with the amps either lol, i might just keep em on the lil amp rack i got built now, makes it alot easier to adjust too

oh, and do 45's in the port make that much diff? i can do em but i dunno if it will be a noticeable difference in sound

and i was gunna design it as if it was 2 ported boxs put together, but can i just use one piece of 3/4 for the middle of the port? and i dunno if i will need any braceing cause the way i make my boxs they dont flex at all

lol, and would faceing the sub box twards the back of teh cab kinda like a backwards downfire box and make it ported sound like shit?

i'm tryin to do some clean work but dunno were to start and would like a pic of somethin to see if it will look like shit or not

and i got carpet to match my interior so im all good there