Sundown Audio

Anyone here played with the new Kicker IX amps?

pervitizm

i scored an ix500.1 from frys for $189. i happen to be there one day just looking around and saw it with a reduced price sticker (open box), the reason it was so low was they had a deal going on for that amp, well when the buyer returned it and the price went back to retail, the reduced price never changed.

being that the ix series are underrated and actually come with more power than advertised (you receive a quality certificate informing you the actual wattage, mine was 527w), which was pretty sweet.

they are excellent with heat, they never got passed luke warm so far.. i've only owned this amp for 3 weeks and the performance is outstanding.

i'm kinda bummed that there is no youtube videos or many people using the 500.1, probably because of the limited wattage you get 500x1 @ 2ohm / 275x1 @ 4ohm at such a high price.

when i first got the amp, i tried to get away with using 8awg wiring, and you NEED 4awg otherwise this thing will go into protect like a child refusing to eat their veggies.

i got some demo videos i posted @ youtube.com/djdarkfade

ride: 2006 Mazda 6 Sport V6 3.0L

deck: Stock HU (non-bose)

wiring: Kicker 09PK4 / PK4

amp: Merlon Audio MEAM-3001D (2006 Model)

subwoofer(s): 2 x 15" Powerbass M-154D

wiring style: parallel = 1ohm load

wattage: 1300w @ 1ohm *650w per subwoofer*

• 4 months later...
Guest InvigeVinge

First, this probably isnt the right area to post this. Sorry, but im desperate. You users seem to be good with with computer related equipment. We have a credit card machine and everything was working well until we went from Cox cable to DSL. Our credit card machine now will NOT connect through ethernet..only dial up. We have checked our router that it is plugged into and the port is flashing so we know its connected. All of our desktops connect to the internet all day long without problems .Anyone have any ideas!?!? Thanks in advance!

Archived