Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I started working at the Ponderosa Steakhouse here in my home town in early August of 2009. I have been a dedicated worker and then some. The day after Easter, one of my managers went into work and found signs on the doors saying "Sorry, we are out of business." the signs were plain white printer paper written on with a red marker. Later that day, a friend of mine texted me and told me that they had closed. Management did not even know that the establishment was closing, and no one from Ponderosa called to inform me of the closing. We are payed on Fridays, and I deposited my check on Saturday, I just got a letter in the mail from my bank saying that the check had been canceled. Also, I had talked to some of my co-workers and they say that we will NOT be payed for the previous week's work. Can they do this? I'm out about $190 because of this.

Posted

Sorry to hear about that, in the town I live in a similar thing happened with a hardware store that was chain operated. One day there was a sign saying they were closed. Not any of the employees were aware of the closing. Good luck with getting you money, i would call other people you work with and see what their doing.

Posted

Sorry to hear about that, in the town I live in a similar thing happened with a hardware store that was chain operated. One day there was a sign saying they were closed. Not any of the employees were aware of the closing. Good luck with getting you money, i would call other people you work with and see what their doing.

Yeah, its so unprofessional. Not one of the employees were informed of the closing. I have talked to some other co-workers and they have said that Al Peak's other stores have went bankrupt and the employees of those other stores tried to sue to get their money but the failed and wasted their time.

Guest Scylloga
Posted

Im almost certain there is federal laws that protect you as a employee.

It would be worth the time to search online for some information.

I would also call the local labor board and unemployment office and see what they can tell you.

Posted

Im almost certain there is federal laws that protect you as a employee.

It would be worth the time to search online for some information.

I would also call the local labor board and unemployment office and see what they can tell you.

Thanks. I'm hopping that I can at least get a pay check. I'm going to start looking right now.

Posted

You can say that a few times over again.

Do you have a local chamber of commerce there? I would talk to somewhere there and see what they say. You should still get paid. They cannot just close up shop and say sorry no check for you.

Good luck to you my friend.

Posted

Do you have a local chamber of commerce there? I would talk to somewhere there and see what they say. You should still get paid. They cannot just close up shop and say sorry no check for you.

Good luck to you my friend.

I'm not sure if we do. I'm not just going to sit back and let this happen. I got screwed out of my last two paychecks. :angry:

Posted

I'm not sure if we do. I'm not just going to sit back and let this happen. I got screwed out of my last two paychecks. :angry:

I'm with you Joe! I'd be pissed and looking for answers. I know times are tough but that's just plan f^cked up!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 523 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...