Plate Speakers

99xtremedime

I'm currently looking for a set of plate 4x6's because the tweets on my RF power 4 by's stick up way to high and cracked both of my speaker grills. I have narrowed it down to 2 sets, the Polk Audio MM461P's and the Infinity Kappa 462.9's. Which set would you go with? I know that both are good, but ive never heard either. In case it matters, I really like LOUD and crisp highs. Open to other suggestions as well...

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

i had a set of polk db 4x6 coax and they were loud, and they got em in plates too, but i vote infinitys, they sound nice

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

kappas, i have these ones :

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1084627CFP/Infinity-Kappa-462-7cfp.html?tp=100

^^ neo magnet

love them, ive ran plenty of kappas, at over rated RMS daily to.. NEVER once blew one :) they sound great even 2 years later. flawless.

polks, i ran a 4x6 by them the week before my kappas, blew them with the same exact power / tuning from amp.

But get last years Kappas, this years they got rid of the nice Neo magnet

I have the neo type 6x9's and 4x6's not the standard larger magnet ones seen in this year :

http://www.amazon.co...pd_bxgy_e_img_c

^^ standard magnet

Ok cool, i was about to ask if you meant the 462.7's. I found a set of 'em on ebay. You think that the 462.7's would be louder than the 462.9's?

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

I used to have an older pair of the Polk MOMO 4X6 plates they sounded great

they will handle their rated 50 watts plus the only bad thing was if they are

exposed to direct sunlight the cone on the midrange driver will blister and crack

97 Cavalier

Alpine iDA-X305

2-Alpine type r 12's

factory 6x9s

2-Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 components

Rockford Fosgate T1000.2

Rockford Fosgate punch 200 ix dsm

2 runs of 1/0 knu

2 batteries

big 3

Archived