Sonic Electronix

yeah "head unit" lol yeah u need these other wire ur amp. other wise your amp will have power but no signal, no signal equals no bass. ill get u a link for the remote wire......

http://www.darvex.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=home_audio_car_audio&Product_Code=SPW318B&Category_Code=

they sell it by the foot so how ever much you need...both sites are great to buy from!

Okay, and where does this remote turn on cable go?

Do i need a switch lol? >.< sorry never had subs before.

on your head unit theres a wire that should be "remote wire" (usually blue and white) and connect the wire to that. then the other end goes to your amp.

NO switch by the way, your head unit will send power thru that wire once it turns on.

Edited by BeatBox

Basically what the remote wire does is get voltage to the amp when the head unit turns on, in turn telling the amp to turn on. I just ran mine with my power wire.

EDIT: ninja'd. You could put a switch on the remote wire though. I have one mounted on my dash for emergencies (when I can't turn it down in time) flip the switch and BAM! the amps turn off.

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

Basically what the remote wire does is get voltage to the amp when the head unit turns on, in turn telling the amp to turn on. I just ran mine with my power wire.

EDIT: ninja'd. You could put a switch on the remote wire though. I have one mounted on my dash for emergencies (read: when I see a cop.) flip the switch and BAM! the amps turn off.

Thanks, i think this is all i need to set everything up.

I love how these forums have a bunch of nice people who help! :P'

oh! one more question! for the amp kit that i linked, what size fuse do i pick?

Edited by milly

pretty much it as far as the amp and subs go, make sure you ground the amp correctly to a bolt. make sure the surface around the bolt is clean and bare metal. setting the amp is a different story lol i rather have someone with more experience tell you how to set that...

pretty much it as far as the amp and subs go, make sure you ground the amp correctly to a bolt. make sure the surface around the bolt is clean and bare metal. setting the amp is a different story lol i rather have someone with more experience tell you how to set that...

Okay thanks for the grounding tip ill make sure to do that

and were you answering my fuse question at the begining? If so i dont understamd what you mean.

Typically the front fuse used depends on how much amperage the wire can handle IIRC. In practice however, as long as your fuse is not smaller than the fusing at the amp you're fine.

Meaning, if you have an amp with two 30-amp fuses, you would be fine with a 60-amp fuse up front. If you are running 4-gauge wire though, you could run as big as a 100-amp fuse (although some local shops have told me that good 4-gauge can usually take as much as 150...)

Basically the front fuse is protecting against shorts between the battery and the amp, I.E. the wire grounds out against the firewall or floor.

Too many projects, too little time...

Typically the front fuse used depends on how much amperage the wire can handle IIRC. In practice however, as long as your fuse is not smaller than the fusing at the amp you're fine.

Meaning, if you have an amp with two 30-amp fuses, you would be fine with a 60-amp fuse up front. If you are running 4-gauge wire though, you could run as big as a 100-amp fuse (although some local shops have told me that good 4-gauge can usually take as much as 150...)

Basically the front fuse is protecting against shorts between the battery and the amp, I.E. the wire grounds out against the firewall or floor.

Okay so i have AQ2200D amp (audioque)

0 guage amp wiring kit

The amp wiring kit http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLM-AK0

asks you to pick a fuse size at the bottom, what should i pick?