Second Skin Audio

Need box idea 2 old school XXX 18's goin in a '10 Tundra

Picking up my new tundra end of this week or next... I have 2 12" RE XXX subs (old style w/ the flat motor bottoms) and 1 needs a recone, so I figure lets do em both and make em 18's. Box will be behind the front seats (double cab model, small rear doors) with the subs facing the seat backs and port firing upward.

I have a modded MA hk4000d for power, so I'll hopefully be seeing somewhere near 4000 watts @1ohm split between the pair. overall, I want a groundpounder. I love my lows, but don't want to sacrifice way too much of the higher end, so I'm thinking of tuning somewhere between 30-34hz.

As far as the box is concerned, what would you guys recommend for the application with provided power (granted I will have a few batteries and a HO alt, as well)? I'm assuming since I'll be slightly overpowering the subs I might be able to cut the box size down a bit? I'd like to stay in the 12-14 cube range. But, if I really have to, 16-18 would be doable. As I stated before, subs will be facing forward with the port up. But, if this needs to change to optimize sound, it should be no issue.

I'm new to the pick-up world and would really appreciate ANY input you guys would have for me! I know there's a lot of smart people on here, and CACO doesn't seem to be too bumpin' right now.

thanks in advance!

14 cubes, 30hz...

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.