Ok so heres how it is... im looking at buying a 1992 honda civic dx hatchback. i wanna know if you think price is right or what i should offer. The car was just painted at like an econo paint, insided has a newer dash (with air bags). power windows and locks, no back seats, however interior is pretty clean. Heres where price could vary... has a motor out of a newer civic (96-00), unkown mileage and age. all stock except intake, valves bigger than stock and exhuast.. has a small body kit (nothin crazy). engine is very clean.. its a friend of mine sellin it so i believe hes being honest... but hes asking me 2400 for it... what do you guys think?

Edited by dirtboi22

sucks you dont know the mileage thatd affect it alot. what was the miles before he swapped it? plus just cause hes a good friend dont mean he wouldnt rip you off. i had a VERY good friend i let borrow money and he never paid me back and changed his number. dont know where hes at.. sucks

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

take it and have a compression test done to it take off the valve covers, look for sludge build up. tell him you want a test drive then take it to a mechanic

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

make sure the mech side is good first. bondo is cheaper than a head or a set of bearings

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

He doesnt have any paper work on motor swap... none of the AC stuff is there, besides compressor. BTW His dad is a mechanic and oil gets changed every 3k miles. Car does seem clean, needs a little TLC on the inside but motor wise it idles and runs fine and i didnt hear any knocking.. I test drove it. oh and he replaced motor mounts not to long ago...