MJ-18 + 600 Watts + Ford Explorer Sport = PIX & VIDS!

Try np1 it is the meanest caulk known to manYou can get it at abc supply. It's better than liquid nails wood glue. We use it at work to put windows in( goverment jobs) we use shims and np1

Edited by DirtyD78

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

Try np1 it is the meanest caulk known to manYou can get it at abc supply. It's better than liquid nails wood glue. We use it at work to put windows in( goverment jobs) we use shims and np1

Wish I had heard of it before I ran over to Walmart and picked up a bottle of Gorilla Glue and some Loctite.

Next time I would use more clamps but I have a general rule of 1 screw per 5 inches because last time I built a box, I had screws every 2 inches and I was told it wasn't necessary.

Anyways, I finally finished up the install. Got all of the box carpeting and gluing completed. I took out the cargo area carpet and redid all grounds in the vehicle. I rearranged the wiring in the front of the cargo area, where the sub box lies before the amp. I took out the cargo latches so that the sub box would lie flatter and then I got the great idea of bolting the box to the cargo floor. There was a rubber plug that led straight to above the spare tire, so I took measurements and then drilled a hole into the box. I gathered a bolt, some lock nuts, a few washers, a rubber gasket, and my Loctite. I assembled the pieces and put the sub box in the cargo and put Loctite in between the rubber gasket and the wood to form a tight seal. After I finished installing the box, I wanted to make sure that my amp gains were tuned correctly. I set my head unit to flat, MX off, unhooked my sub and inserted the leads into their determined terminals. I set the LPF to 70Hz and the bass boost to off. After some adjusting, I got the gain to hit right on spot of my destined voltage, 48.9V. All went well, and the bass seems more controlled and not getting sloppy as I had noticed before, so early on. I am now well aware of what a leaky box sounds like, and a sealed ported box sounds like. One thing I was unsure of was, what exactly is the MX on/off function? To me, it just seemed like it caused the overall volume to increase faster as I turned the knob, like what I would play at 26/35 with the MX off, would sound like 15/35 with the MX on.

SANY1491.jpg

Before the sub box was put in it's proper location

SANY1490.jpg

After I pulled the plug out, I cut a small hole in the carpet so that I could insert the bolt through here and tighten it from underneath the truck, providing a sub box that does not slide around and somewhat of a theft deterrent, but of course they could just undo the 6 wood screws... T-nuts next, maybe?

SANY1488.jpg

SANY1492.jpg

SANY1493.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

SANY1496.jpg

Boo... cargo net doesn't fit anymore :( Guess I'll just have to fabricate something.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813