Sonic Electronix

need help finding complete system for 99 park avenue

thanks for all the help, its definitely appreciated. one question i have though, is on my stereo, the faceplace recently has been reversing the monochrome display's colors. its supposed to be blue letters on a black backround, and it likes to flip to black on blue, but if i touch the volume or any buttons it goes back normal, and if you just leave it it will flipflop on its own. it started doing this after i hooked up a hd conversion kit by jvc through the aux. i was just gonna buy the addon made by pioneer but the stereo is from like 2007 so i cant find parts anywhere. im planning on getting rid of it next weekend (hd conversion), but would that be the reason its doing that crap with the faceplate? thanks alot!

Edited by eltatertoto
6000k headlights, LED license plate fog lights, tinted taillights and to top it all off, 2 12" air horns!

one other question i have is what are your thoughts on non powered subs? im not sure im willing to make the commitment of drilling a hole through my firewall ha ha. to be honest i dont need anything that hits really hard, i just want to replace the bump that the stock knock off bose speakers delco made. to be 100% honest, i listen to really loud music, but its almost all rock and classic rock. the song with the most bump that i listen to is godzilla ha ha. if i were to go non powered, do you guys have any suguestions as far as a box/sub combo? i dont want it to be too large, even though ive got a huge trunk, i tend to fill it alot ha ha. thanks again for all your help!!

edit, did my research, and unless it would be safe to run a powered sub from the headunit's power wires i dont think i want to go ahead with a sub. ive had my dash apart and its a nightmare.

Edited by eltatertoto
6000k headlights, LED license plate fog lights, tinted taillights and to top it all off, 2 12" air horns!

Where you at exactly? Sounds like you live right by me. I'm in crown point.

im in hobart, but like i said ive got like no money right now ha ha. just a wishlist....