Sonic Electronix

No, you cant use the distribution block for the RCAs. You should be fine with the 4 gauge wire if it is true 4 gauge. What's the brand of the wire?

Well that sucks....not sure what I'm going to do about that then. Will I have to run 2 sets of power/ground from the batter/frame? My brand of wire is KnuKoncepts. It's true 4 gauge.

Well that sucks....not sure what I'm going to do about that then. Will I have to run 2 sets of power/ground from the batter/frame? My brand of wire is KnuKoncepts. It's true 4 gauge.

Oh yeah, Knu is true. They don't mess around. Yes, you would have two runs of 4 gauge unless you have 1/0 running from the battery near the amps into a distribution block with 4 gauge coming out.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Oh yeah, Knu is true. They don't mess around. Yes, you would have two runs of 4 gauge unless you have 1/0 running from the battery near the amps into a distribution block with 4 gauge coming out.

Ok I will begin on this as soon as the funds become available. Let me get this straight so I can start writing it all out. Here's what I'm going to have to purchase withing the next few weeks:

1000 watt amp

another 12"

4 gauge wiring kit (power, ground, inline fuse, etc)

Distribution block

Y-splitter for RCAs

Is there anything I'm missing? I'm thinking about running the remote turn on wire from one amp to the other, would this be an issue? And can I use any gauge wire for that? You have no idea how much this is clearing up for me. I appreciate everyone's help!

Edited by number3

If you custom built a "distro block" for rcas or found one online it would basically be doing the same thing as a y-splitter anyway... if its a signal amplifier as well, well.... thats a different story :)

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

Ok I will begin on this as soon as the funds become available. Let me get this straight so I can start writing it all out. Here's what I'm going to have to purchase withing the next few weeks:

1000 watt amp

another 12"

Distribution block

Y-splitter for RCAs

Is there anything I'm missing? I'm thinking about running the remote turn on wire from one amp to the other, would this be an issue? And can I use any gauge wire for that? You have no idea how much this is clearing up for me. I appreciate everyone's help!

Yep that's it besides the parts for your custom enclosure. You shouldn't have any wiring issues and you could use almost any size wire; I don't reccommend smaller than 18 gauge. I would probably use 14 or 16 because it's for two amps.

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Yep that's it besides the parts for your custom enclosure. You shouldn't have any wiring issues and you could use almost any size wire; I don't reccommend smaller than 18 gauge. I would probably use 14 or 16 because it's for two amps.

Ah ok so I'll just use some speaker wire I have lying around. Again, thanks for the help. If I play my cards right, this shouldn't cost me more than $300.

Ah ok so I'll just use some speaker wire I have lying around. Again, thanks for the help. If I play my cards right, this shouldn't cost me more than $300.

No problem man, I'm glad I could help. I doubt you will go over $300, especially if you look at the right places and get deals

LMFAO so true

No problem man, I'm glad I could help. I doubt you will go over $300, especially if you look at the right places and get deals

I've had some success with Ebay. Are there any vendors on the site that might have what I'm looking for? And that's, well, not shit? lol

Why not just use the rca pass through on the amps if your running multiple amps for your subs? thats why its there. so you dont have to use y splitters.

but from what i have read the subs rms is 400 not 900 and rms on the 9104 is roughly 900 so you will under power the subs but use the one 9104 instead of mixing two different amps especially if you putting all the subs in the same enclosure. you can build the box accordingly if you are under powering the subs to make up for the power loss.

use 4 gauge wiring or 0 gauge with 4 to 0 gauge wire reducers and do the big 3 up front.

and for the remote turn on just daisy chain from one amp to the other if you keep two amps if you add a 4 channel for mids and highs along with the two others you might want to invest on a $10 relay.

Hey all, I'm planning on purchasing an amp and another 12 to add to my system in hopes of making my Forester sound a little more substantial. One of my only hesitations is that I'm not entirely sure how to hook up 2 amps to the same head unit. The RCA cables have to go to both amps for the signal. My current amp does not have an output for another amp, only for mids/highs. I'm not going to go with a Y just because you're splicing a signal cable and that = a bad life decision. I was thinking about a distributor and that's probably what you all are going to suggest but I just wanted some confirmation. Also, what would I do for the remote turn on wire that goes to my HU? How could I make that also run to my other amp? And my last question, I promise: what are you thought of this setup for my 2000 Subaru Forester?

(3) Kenwood KFC-3012 (900watts rms, custom built, ported enclosures)

(1) Kenwood KAC-9104D (1800 watts max)

(1) Kenwood KAC-8104D (1000 watts max)

I'm not planning on getting a cap. just because I'm under the impression that they are only good for hitting single notes, which is not the type of music I listen to. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1000 watt amp

another 12"

Distribution block

Y-splitter for RCAs

So you have an 1800W MAX and a 1000W MAX and you're going to buy another 1000W MAX amplifier?

Or what did I miss?