Sonic Electronix

Starting my new build. Here's what I've got in mind..

Hey all! As some of you might know, I've been throwing around different ideas for my new build over the past few days and I think I finally have a good plan, thought it could be about a month before the funds become available to me. Nevertheless, I have some amazing things in store! Anyway, here's my revised plan.

My previous system should be selling for around $3-500 in the next month so that's the only thing I'm waiting on. My first step is to purchase new driver(s). In order to fill the open space of my Subaru Forester I am in the market for a single 18" subwoofer. Thanks to this site, I have discovered AudioSavings.com and have found what I am looking for! I found a great deal on an RE Audio SX series woofer for only $350 and I think that it's feasible. It's 1000watts rms but for now I'm thinking about pusing it with my 1800watt kenwood amp that I currently have, just to see how things go..One problem that I might encounter is the size of the ported enclosure for this sub. I'm having a hard time finding dimensions for this specific model so if anyone could help me out, that'd be amazing! So yea, all I'm really doing right now is trying to get my old system sold, new box built, new sub ordered, and old amp tested. I'm really hoping that this sub will give me the bass I'm looking for. I was really disappointed when I put my 2 12's in my Forester and I couldn't feel any bass pressure at all so this is what I'm trying to solve. Let me know of your thoughts and thanks for checking out this post! Cheers.

RE Audio SX18D2

Edited by number3

two re se 15's. i fing love my se's

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

on se b15 woulb be perfict for your amp

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

So you would recommend 2 15's over 1 18?

more cone=more air movement

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

in your suby loud as hell with the right box and amp. my 2 se 10's in my reg cab chevy on half their rms in my box hurts for real, but i got a reg cab

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

Why did you feel no pressure with 2 12"s?? You might want to just build a new box...

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Why did you feel no pressure with 2 12"s?? You might want to just build a new box...

I know that the boxes on my 12's are fine. I built them myself in communication with the manufacturer so I know that those aren't a problem. I have no idea why I don't feel the pressure...i figured I just needed something with more oomph

what kinda 12's

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz