Sonic Electronix

im bou to get an audiopipe ap18001d amp, im going to be running it at 2ohms 1100 watts rms on my 2 re audio se 10's. my question is will i absolutely need to do any electical upgrades. got the big three but stock everything else. 105 amp alt and stock batt. any help would be appreciated

Edited by DirtyD78

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

Youll probley get some bad voltage drop with it..just make your gains low on it till you upgrade.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

would another batt or a good one help

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

Yes and so would a alternator...my best bet is when you get it check how your voltage is when your bumping it and see how bad it is..im not sure on what hte current draw would be on the amp...

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i aint got the bread for an alt. hell the only reason im getting it is some trading. but if its going to cost toomuch to run it i'll have to pass

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

Nah dude it wont like i said if you do get it then lower the gains down a notch until your able to power it up proper..like i said im not sure waht the current draw on the amp is but if its not too bad then you shuold be okay...do yuo have a link to the amp?im not findind anything on it.

i got the cl ad. thats it

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/1733159087.html

Edited by DirtyD78

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

I was running 1500w with big 3 in 4 gauge off a 105A alt and stock batt and got some voltage drop, but nothing below 12V. Adding a second car batt helped some, but those GM alts must just be trash or something, cause it didn't help much.

Come to think of it I think your 'Rado should have provisions for a second batt under the hood. I know you can get a factory and/or aftermarket kit to put one in.

Too many projects, too little time...

heres another

http://www.audiopipe.com/gal-catalog-prod-03.asp

it dont have the one im looking at but?

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

I was running 1500w with big 3 in 4 gauge off a 105A alt and stock batt and got some voltage drop, but nothing below 12V. Adding a second car batt helped some, but those GM alts must just be trash or something, cause it didn't help much.

Come to think of it I think your 'Rado should have provisions for a second batt under the hood. I know you can get a factory and/or aftermarket kit to put one in.

really now. what just get one off a junk diesel?

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz