Sonic Electronix

kind of torn on which sub to use?

So if anyone has saw my part posts i picked up a 18 for a good price its a elemental design 19av2 and yess i know they normally need rebuilds but for now its in good shape the site says 650-1100rms but if you have seen ym last posts you also know i have a cadence ZRS 12 its my baby ha i love it but i am not to sure which one i would be better off using, i am going to be trying ym hand a building a box and hope it works, but i have enough room for about 4cf and nto take up to much of the trunk space, the 12 needs abotu 2.5 or 3 if i remember right but so does the 18, i thought about making the box and cutting the hole for the 12 and trying it and if i dont liek it to make a bigger cut for the 18 but than i wont be able to go back ahha soo thats a no, and this is where all you helpful people who know wht you are talking about coming, going to be using a hinfonics bxi2602 i think, not 100% sure and jus keep gains low

here is a pic of the 12 next to the 18. just as a referance, thanks everyone.

IMG_3257.jpg

1998 VW Jetta- SLOW N LOW

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

Kinetik HC800-works for 2ohm loads:D

My youtube Video's CHECK THEM OUT!

You should try and make interchangable sub cutouts for one box!:) like interchangable ports have been done, You be the first for this haha. Just my $.02:)

You should try and make interchangable sub cutouts for one box!:) like interchangable ports have been done, You be the first for this haha. Just my $.02:)

honestl i was just thinkn about tht, cut through on the first baffle to fit up to the 18" and 3/4" with that than a longer piece ofr 1" ontop of that that will screw into excisting holes with bolts or soemthing on the inside of the box....except i dont know how the seal will work or if it will work. ha and id need someone to help me design that box

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

Thats actually not a bad idea. Just make two front pieces. One for the 12, and one for the 18. Your tuning would be off, but if you find something that wouldnt be bad with either, go for it.

Thats actually not a bad idea. Just make two front pieces. One for the 12, and one for the 18. Your tuning would be off, but if you find something that wouldnt be bad with either, go for it.

ha i am not good with any of the box making skills anyways hense why i didnt think of that haha damnit lol

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

Archived