Sundown Audio

amp question

Reaper

alright, i think i'm right just kinda having a blond moment. my amp is a mono 1 ohm stable amp. if i wire my subs to 1 ohm each one sub in one + - and the other in the other + - its going to present a .5 ohm load correct?

reaper.png

Yes, you are having a blonde moment. You can't wire the two subs to two channels if it's a mono amp.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

if its a mono and it has 2 pos and neg inputs. its still mono. the inputs are bridged internally

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

if its a mono and it has 2 pos and neg inputs. its still mono. the inputs are bridged internally

Oh shit, good call. Didn't even think of that. I've gotten to used to the 1+ 1- mono amps. Didn't even consider that it was bridged.

To the OP: What subs do you have? What coils are on them?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

yes it would be .5 ohm

2 channels on a mono = 1 channel on a mono. so its the same as stuffing all the wires into one channel

Edited by darkjustice

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i am assuming that you have Dual 2 ohm subs. IF SO THEN READ ON

wire both subs to 1 ohm each. then wire them together OR put the positives from each sub in their own positive channel and the negatives in their own negative channel. this will give the amp a nominal 0.5 ohm load

like this:

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22#results

have a good day kind sir, i accept tips and bj's B)