setting hertz on pioneer 3100

i have a pioneer pvh-3100dvd and im having trouble setting my hertz. i will be running 1 fi 15" btl my eq setting is low, mid, and high i just need to know how many hertz to set the low setting and the high pass filter. the high pass range from 50hz-120hz and i also have a sub level eq with hz and a phase setting. just wondering if anyone has this radio or can help me out don't wanna tune things to high thanks!!!

[color="#2E8B57"]size="4"]1998 buick century

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(12)power acoustik tweeters

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(1) FI 15" BTL HEAVY SUB!!!

(1) kenwood 720 4cahnnel amp on da way

(1) 20ft run of rockford fosgate 1/0awg

(2) 1/0awg to 4awg reducers

(2) memphis front speakers

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

(1) deep cycle batt on the way

(1) 5cft box tuned to 32hz after displacments

ALOT MORE UPGRADES TO COME!!!!![/size][/color]

i have a pioneer pvh-3100dvd and im having trouble setting my hertz. i will be running 1 fi 15" btl my eq setting is low, mid, and high i just need to know how many hertz to set the low setting and the high pass filter. the high pass range from 50hz-120hz and i also have a sub level eq with hz and a phase setting. just wondering if anyone has this radio or can help me out don't wanna tune things to high thanks!!!

anyone???

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

(1) 5cft box tuned to 32hz after displacments

ALOT MORE UPGRADES TO COME!!!!![/size][/color]

i would say 80 hz for the high pass and 60 hz for the sub low pass. turn the sub off from the deck...start by finding the clipping point of the headunit(with an oscilloscope, connect rca's and turn volume up till square waves form and then turn it down a few notches) if you dont have a scope then do it the old fashion way "by ear". turn up the headunit up bout 70-75 percent of full volume(make sure you have your high amp turned all the way down). play a good song you know that sounds good. now fade to the front, turn the gain on your amp for the front speakers till your hear distortion and then crank it down a few notches. now with the rear speaker gain turned all the way down, put the fader in center position and slowly turn up your rear speaker gain on your amp till you just hear them, you dont want them to overpower the frontstage so crank them down just a tad since there just there to make a little noise. now make sure your sub amp is all the way down. turn the sub on on your deck set the filter and slowly turn up the gain on the sub amp till you find the subs sweet spot with the front stage and viola! you have a great sounding system. this is just for sound quality though, if your looking for spl, then i would ask for advice in that forum. also, i believe there is a more in depth post about tuning in the soundquality forum......good luck

i would say 80 hz for the high pass and 60 hz for the sub low pass. turn the sub off from the deck...start by finding the clipping point of the headunit(with an oscilloscope, connect rca's and turn volume up till square waves form and then turn it down a few notches) if you dont have a scope then do it the old fashion way "by ear". turn up the headunit up bout 70-75 percent of full volume(make sure you have your high amp turned all the way down). play a good song you know that sounds good. now fade to the front, turn the gain on your amp for the front speakers till your hear distortion and then crank it down a few notches. now with the rear speaker gain turned all the way down, put the fader in center position and slowly turn up your rear speaker gain on your amp till you just hear them, you dont want them to overpower the frontstage so crank them down just a tad since there just there to make a little noise. now make sure your sub amp is all the way down. turn the sub on on your deck set the filter and slowly turn up the gain on the sub amp till you find the subs sweet spot with the front stage and viola! you have a great sounding system. this is just for sound quality though, if your looking for spl, then i would ask for advice in that forum. also, i believe there is a more in depth post about tuning in the soundquality forum......good luck

sorry for the double post, where the smiley face is with the gun to the head it should say eighty hertz, for some reason every time i type the numbers it post the gun to the head smiley...lol

lol oh ok thanks for the info man apperciate it!!!

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's