My New System Design

well i built a box thats at least 6 cubes after subtracting the ports, and it came out to 6.3cubes tuned to 33 hertz, and now my big question is two FI BL 18's or two FI BL 15's? the box is large enough to mount either but im undecided, which is gonna sound better in my 01' Bravada? Please Help Me!

2001 Bravada

Alpine Cda-9886

MTX TX6001 Comps

Dual FI BL 18's Fully Loaded

Dual Hifonics Bxi 2608D

12Cubes Ported @ 33hz

2/0 Run Welding Wire

Stock Batt And Garbage Stock Alt (New Alt in Nov)

148.3 TL Sealed Up

If the box is 6 cubes, that's big enough for either 1 18" or 2 15" BL's. I wouldn't try cramming 2 18"s in there. Not enough airspace. Make sure you put some bracing inside the box as well.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

If the box is 6 cubes, that's big enough for either 1 18" or 2 15" BL's. I wouldn't try cramming 2 18"s in there. Not enough airspace. Make sure you put some bracing inside the box as well.

really? well i was hoping to be able to cram 2 18's in there and run them off my hifonics, and FINALLY upgrade my alt and do a real big 3. but still the 18s would be louder, but im worried that 3 cubes isn't enough for a BL 18, but i see all these posts of people putting BLS in smaller boxes than this so im just looking for a better opinion, and well someone who has more knowlege than me

2001 Bravada

Alpine Cda-9886

MTX TX6001 Comps

Dual Hifonics Bxi 2608D

12Cubes Ported @ 33hz

2/0 Run Welding Wire

148.3 TL Sealed Up

Do 2 15's and have plenty of room for air. It'll sound better and be louder then if you try and cram 2 18's and not have enough air for them.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

really? well i was hoping to be able to cram 2 18's in there and run them off my hifonics, and FINALLY upgrade my alt and do a real big 3. but still the 18s would be louder, but im worried that 3 cubes isn't enough for a BL 18, but i see all these posts of people putting BLS in smaller boxes than this so im just looking for a better opinion, and well someone who has more knowlege than me

Problem Solved, Reworked the Box with the rest of my MDF it comes out to a Total of 8 Cubes After Displacement, think that will be enough for 2 18's? i have it Tuned to 33 Hertz, with ALOT of port area more than was was Perscribed, but im hoping it Wangs Hard

Thanks for the Advice Man i Really Appriciate it

2001 Bravada

Alpine Cda-9886

MTX TX6001 Comps

Dual Hifonics Bxi 2608D

12Cubes Ported @ 33hz

2/0 Run Welding Wire

148.3 TL Sealed Up

Problem Solved, Reworked the Box with the rest of my MDF it comes out to a Total of 8 Cubes After Displacement, think that will be enough for 2 18's? i have it Tuned to 33 Hertz, with ALOT of port area more than was was Perscribed, but im hoping it Wangs Hard

Thanks for the Advice Man i Really Appriciate it

Post up the specs of the box. Length, width, height, port area, and port length are the couple big ones. 8 cubes is still a little small for 2 BL's. Fi recommends 5-8 cubes per sub, so you'll need 10-16 cubes for the 2 18's. The 15's only need 3-5 cubes each, so they should sound great in that 8-cube box.

I know you REALLY want your 18's to fit, but some cars just don't have the room for them. And 2 15's in a proper box will outperform 2 18's in a super small box any day.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

should have put this post with your other one have you looked at enclosure specs for the subs

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Archived