Sonic Electronix

Don't understand RCA setup? Do I need a Y split?

if you dont want to spend the money no. just get a bolt or screw the same diameter as the ring connector. Its best to ground to the frame if possible but not always necessary. Just make sure if you ground to the body under carpet somewhere scrape the paint clean past the primer to clean metal, dont ground to painted or dirty surface.

Watch, now the whole seatbolt or seatbelt bolt vs. body vs frame debate will start.

Yeah that price is right in line. Its usually cheaper if you buy the equipt from the shop, not much, but a little.

This is a real good forum(SMD) for getting started with building your first or most recent system, from what i have read there are quite a few very knowledgeable people willing to help. Im always stoked to see someone that wants to learn(and doesnt have any bad habits from previous teachers) you could prolly do it yourself but if you feel more comfortable have someone else do it then take it apart to see how they did it.

Have Fun

Thanks! Yeah I guess I'll pass on the terminal and just screw it in.

Yeah I have a basic idea of how to install it but just not comfortable enough yet and I don't rly have the tools. When I swap this setup into my next car which will be in a year or 2 I'll take it out myself and pay attention to how everything was wired up. Then possible attempt to install it with someone knowledgeable.

Thanks again AKbass, super helpful info!