Rogers' $700 dream car! UPDATE page 17... A WALL..

humm... doing a little designing today... what should i tune to? i like me some Decaf... but the majority of my music is Rock/metal....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Alright... so to start this off, the car came with no headunit, and the speakers that were in it were worn out and too small for the holes...

so i started off by installing my Pioneer 5900ib, stinger volt meter, powerbass 6.5's in the rear deck(temporary) and kicker DS6.5's in the doors...

i took this pic after the entire system was in but its the only pic i have of the hu... btw... not bad voltage for a stock electrical on start up... it does end up going down to 13.9 after everything gets good and hot...

0420001648.jpg

the doors went from this

0409001021.jpg

to a fresh pair of sack of :bull: 6.5's(i dont like kicker btw... but they were cheap...)

0409001016.jpg

perhaps its time for some power wire...

0405001730.jpg

0405001741.jpg

0406001256.jpg

then we get some stuff happening in the trunk... i temporarly put a matching stock battery in... it will eventually get replaced with an XS power D1200... also Sundown SAE1200Dv1 and a temporary Verge 165watt amp for the highs... this will be replaced once Jacob comes out with the new SAE 4 channel(HURRY UP PLEASE!!!)

the wiring is all KNUKONCEPTZ... all terminals soldered, and about as perfect as i could get them...

P5140033.jpg

I have 2 SA-12's but installed one for now... look forward to seeing that on an update sometime soon!!!

anyways...

P6050070.jpg

so for the new box design i cant decide if i want to seal them off at the trunk opening where the back seats are, or use part of the spair tire well and have the woofers and port facing the back of the trunk...

but anyways i attended a couple Meca shows... my best score is a 138.3 on the TL at the headrest, with the passenger door open.

between the two shows i brought home a 1st,2nd, and a PHAT Install award...

also, in the pic is my other SA-12... its sexy!!!

0603002028.jpg

Hey can you give me information on where I can get the same exact battery terminals that you have so I can run some 0 gauge wire through my car?!

whoa man... no need to quote a page worth of pics just to ask a question... but to answer your question... they are Gm side post extensions... many different companies make them... i got mine from www.darvex.com

as a matter of fact.. here you go! But feel free to click the Darvex banner at the top of the screen and look around!

http://darvex.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=234&idcategory=0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

oh sorry hobby... the spl score sheet says my peak is 40hz... it seems kinda low to me but it has been the same at both comps... ive never ran a sweep on the TL but have played different songs at each comp... Also Sundown recommends 32hz for the sa-12... im hoping we can find a sweet spot...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

Tune around 32-34hz. Didnt they do a clinic at your MECA comp? At ours we got to pull up and run a few sweeps at different volumes to find our RF. You should ask at your next comp if they dont offer it.

Well mine is even lower 38hz. Im about to build a low note monster very soon. Trying to squeeze out 33hz but finding the room in the truck is challenging.

Tune around 32-34hz. Didnt they do a clinic at your MECA comp? At ours we got to pull up and run a few sweeps at different volumes to find our RF. You should ask at your next comp if they dont offer it.

Well mine is even lower 38hz. Im about to build a low note monster very soon. Trying to squeeze out 33hz but finding the room in the truck is challenging.

well at the first one, i didnt know what was going on..lol... and at the second one, they didnt hold a clinic because they were having problems with the TL software... and by the time they got it figured out it was past time to start the first runs... so they just skipped it... but next time i definitely will be running some sweeps.... but yeah..like i said ive played a few different songs on the TL so its a decent indication on where my peak is...

and yeah... i know what you mean about finding the space for a low tuned enclosure... thats why my first instinct was to seal it off at the back seats... with that first design, it will leave about 8 inches between my enclosure and the back of the trunk...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

well at the first one, i didnt know what was going on..lol... and at the second one, they didnt hold a clinic because they were having problems with the TL software... and by the time they got it figured out it was past time to start the first runs... so they just skipped it... but next time i definitely will be running some sweeps.... but yeah..like i said ive played a few different songs on the TL so its a decent indication on where my peak is...

and yeah... i know what you mean about finding the space for a low tuned enclosure... thats why my first instinct was to seal it off at the back seats... with that first design, it will leave about 8 inches between my enclosure and the back of the trunk...

Thats about whats left in the Mazda. Enough room for a few small batteries and 2 amps.

Well im in Florida on the beach at the moment... so i will have some updates once i get back to Illinois.... so anyways i shot this before i left...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

Archived