Rogers' $700 dream car! UPDATE page 17... A WALL..

WALL BUILD PAGE 17!

here it is... i know many of you have been wondering what was up... well here she is... you will have to give me awhile to get everything organized and posted... so this thread will be a little screwed up for a few...

Ok so back in the day i had an old Saturn Sc1...Single overhead cam with the automatic transmission.... i put that car through holy hell and back... and i always wanted the Sc2 Twin cam 5 speed.... well anyways, i got a full time job and had been looking for the right car for 3 months... i had looked at hundreds of cars, i was to the point where i was willing to take out a loan on a more expensive car, but it had to be something i liked....so one day i was surfing craigslist and saw an ad that said "cheap gas mileage car:$800 OBO.... im thinking... meh... cant hurt to look.... so i clicked it and BAM! my dream car!!! i ended up meeting the kid the next day... man the car was in pretty rough condition... but if you have ever had a saturn, then you know they will run until the end of time... anyways... i told him it was going to take almost a grand to get it "road worthy"... and he agreed.... the car had no muffler, the resonator was junk and it rattled every time the engine revved in the least, the turn signal was busted, the sun roof didnt work and leaked hard core.... there was literaly standing water in the back floor board... it had mismatching rims and tires, the interior was in shambles... broken/cracked dash and center console... the front seats were mismatched... anyways i could go on and on all day but ill let some pics to the talking... if you have any questions feel free to ask if something doesnt make sense

0326001632.jpg
downsized_0326001633.jpg
0324001357.jpg

Bought new clear turn signal housings, here is the compairison...
downsized_0404000954a.jpg

twas time for some different rims and tires...
0327001742b.jpg
Much better!... also found out that the sunroof was broken off from the tracks... Nothing a little(a lot) of gorilla glue and black silicon cant handle...
downsized_0329001039.jpg
downsized_0329001336.jpg

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Then it was on to the exhaust, i hacked the resonator off and replaced it with straight pipe for the time being... then i went to my local autozone and had full intentions of buying a normal quiet muffler for it... but no... the guy who worked there, which just so happens to be my neighbor... talked me into getting a damn fart can... oh well fuck it... it ended up being way too fucking loud... i ended up getting pulled over after about a month... so i ordered the longest glasspack i could... tis much quieter now... and it sounds great...

anyways, heres the exhaust when i pulled it off of the car..

03271011589501.jpg

heres the rebuild

0331000721.jpg

and the addition

0526000830.jpg

heres the fart can... it doesnt look too bad... i tried to tuck it up under there as much as possible... i dont like it when people have them hanging 5 inches out from the bumper and cocked sideways...

downsized_0404000953.jpg

then i had a wonderful day of searching for a short... let me tell you what... that was fun!..........................NOT!!! :bull:

downsized_0401001204.jpg

also as i was searching for the short, i found all this great shit under the back seat... hair clips, pens, puddle of water, starbursts melted in puddle of water, a half dollar along with some random change..... it was a fuckin jackpot..lol

0327001742.jpg

once all that was said and done... it was time to change the oil... this is some nasty shit!... it was replaced with a NAPA Gold premium filter and Valvoline Max live synthetic blend as well as some Slick 50...

0430001131.jpg

i also changed the plugs but didnt get a picture... they were caked up in white catalyst.. it pretty much bridged the gap on all of them.... i replaced them with the Bosch dual platnum plugs...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

a little time out for some future plans here... i picked these up awhile back... ill get around to installing them someday... i have to fab up brackets for them, and my welder took a shit on me when i was finishing up my exhaust... that and i refuse to pay 200 bucks for prefabbed brackets

0411001008.jpg

i plan on doing a combination of the SF1 and SF2 bodykits(streetfighter)... i like the front bumper from one and the rear bumper of the other..lol...

then once i get them on i plan on doing some lowering springs... not sure what ones yet... i will determine once i figure out my clearance with the new bumpers..

also, it will get a new paintjob eventually... i want to do a Bright/brilliant(but not light) Blue with black pin striping... idk how to explain it but it looks sick in my head..lol..

anyways on to the system stuff...woot! :woot:

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

Alright... so to start this off, the car came with no headunit, and the speakers that were in it were worn out and too small for the holes...

so i started off by installing my Pioneer 5900ib, stinger volt meter, powerbass 6.5's in the rear deck(temporary) and kicker DS6.5's in the doors...

i took this pic after the entire system was in but its the only pic i have of the hu... btw... not bad voltage for a stock electrical on start up... it does end up going down to 13.9 after everything gets good and hot...

0420001648.jpg

the doors went from this

0409001021.jpg

to a fresh pair of sack of :bull: 6.5's(i dont like kicker btw... but they were cheap...)

0409001016.jpg

perhaps its time for some power wire...

0405001730.jpg

0405001741.jpg

0406001256.jpg

then we get some stuff happening in the trunk... i temporarly put a matching stock battery in... it will eventually get replaced with an XS power D1200... also Sundown SAE1200Dv1 and a temporary Verge 165watt amp for the highs... this will be replaced once Jacob comes out with the new SAE 4 channel(HURRY UP PLEASE!!!)

the wiring is all KNUKONCEPTZ... all terminals soldered, and about as perfect as i could get them...

P5140033.jpg

I have 2 SA-12's but installed one for now... look forward to seeing that on an update sometime soon!!!

anyways...

P6050070.jpg

so for the new box design i cant decide if i want to seal them off at the trunk opening where the back seats are, or use part of the spair tire well and have the woofers and port facing the back of the trunk...

but anyways i attended a couple Meca shows... my best score is a 138.3 on the TL at the headrest, with the passenger door open.

between the two shows i brought home a 1st,2nd, and a PHAT Install award...

also, in the pic is my other SA-12... its sexy!!!

0603002028.jpg

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

What do you guys think so far? ive had alot of fun with this project so far... its still got a long ways to go, but im more than happy with my $700 purchase... also... this is my first experience with Sundown... and im lovin it!

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

Looks like fun man and you got a couple of trophies already !!! Kudos:)

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

im a certified saturn tech.. even though saturn is no more.. let me know if you need parts of advice

well this is my second saturn, so i know quite a bit about them already... but i always end up having new shit that i have questions about..lol... so i will definitely hit you up next time i run into something!

thanks ISO... Im doing what i can with what ive got, and having a damn good time while doing it!

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

im a certified saturn tech.. even though saturn is no more.. let me know if you need parts of advice

I thought penske bought them?

Rogers, I officially hate you for being louder than me with one damn sub. =P :drinks:

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived