Sonic Electronix

Dilemma... 12" Fi SSD, 800 x 2 or A Mono 1600???(abbreviation help too)

I'm Looking into upgrading from 1 12" sub to 2 12" Fi SSD's. I'm still shopping around & looking for suggestions on amp & how I should set it up. I was wondering if I should run 2 - 800 Rms amps, 1 - 800 x 2 channel, or if 1 - 1600 x 1 channel is possible.

I was also wondering if someone could clear up what some of these abbreviations mean.

Fs: 30.1 Hz | 30.1 Hz

Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil

Qms: 7.65 | 7.65

Qes: .37 | .37

Qts: .36 | .36

Mms: 248g | 248g

Cms: 0.11mm/N | 0.11mm/N

Sd: 480cm^2 | 480cm^2

Vas: 36.5 l | 36.5 l

Spl: 86.1dB 1W/1m | 86.1dB 1W/1m

Bl: 13.1 N/A | 18.7 N/A

Edited by InfiniteRuckus

I'm Looking into upgrading from 1 12" sub to 2 12" Fi SSD's. I'm still shopping around & looking for suggestions on amp & how I should set it up. I was wondering if I should run 2 - 800 Rms amps, 1 - 800 x 2 channel, or if 1 - 1600 x 1 channel is possible.

I was also wondering if someone could clear up what some of these abbreviations mean.

Fs: 30.1 Hz | 30.1 Hz

Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil

Qms: 7.65 | 7.65

Qes: .37 | .37

Qts: .36 | .36

Mms: 248g | 248g

Cms: 0.11mm/N | 0.11mm/N

Sd: 480cm^2 | 480cm^2

Vas: 36.5 l | 36.5 l

Spl: 86.1dB 1W/1m | 86.1dB 1W/1m

Bl: 13.1 N/A | 18.7 N/A

well i suck with the abreviations lol but i would say go dual 1s and probably just go with a amp that does 1600rms at 1ohm cause that would probably end up being the cheaper route as far as amps go

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

My first thought was to try a single 1600 rms but wasn't sure if that was a feasible idea or if it would be overpowering them.

not feasible to run 1 amp to 2 subs?

haven't you seen all the pretty pictures of ppl doing that in the build log section?

awesome link. thanks. yeah i've seen the pics just not sure how to pull it off/put it into practice. would you wire those in a series or parallel? there's also so many ways to wire a dual voice coil sub... it's still a bit over my head.

there are 2 ways to wire a dvc sub, parallel and series

parallel, you wire both pos leads together and connect to the amps pos then both neg leads together and connect in to the neg of the amp, and your resistance gets cut in half

for example a dual 4 ohm sub wired in parallel gives you a 2 ohm final load

series, you wire the pos of one coil to the pos of the amp, the neg of that coil to the 2nd coils positive, then the 2nd coils negative to the amp negative. this will double your resistance,

so a dual 4 ohm sub in series gives you and 8 ohm final load.

i dont know what coils you have in your subs, but if they are dual 4s you can wire each sub in parallel to 2 ohms then wire the subs together in parallel to get 1 ohm, and connect to your amps

Doing dual 4s or dual 1s will get you to a final load of 1 ohm for a 1ohm stable 1600rms amp

for the dual 4s, like i said before wire each sub in parallel to 2 ohms, then wire the subs together in parallel to get a final 1 ohm load

for the dual 1 ohm subs, wire each sub in series to get 2 ohms, then wire the subs together in parallel to get a 1 ohm final load