Sonic Electronix

Question about why my amp doesn't have power.

KK lol I figured I'd start at square one. I put in a new headunit for my friend and he tried to play his iPod on it and was like "wtf it doesn't work? you messed it up!" and I was like "turn the car on..."

lmao. big "face palm" moment.

so you said the remote is hooked up correctly but not if you tested it to see if you get 12v when the HU turns on. also check the voltage on the + wire at the amp just to make sure. did you remove the paint from the chassis ground? try to put one wire from the + terminal to the remote terminal. the amp should power on but this is only a test. you wont want to leave it that way. its just to make sure it isnt the amp (and im sure its not).

the more detailed you are in your answers the easier it is for us to help you. and dont say "everything is wired right" lol. 9 times out of 10 its something you did wrong and not broken equipment.

edit for your response - the thing thats wrong is always the one thing your SURE is correct lol. just some words of wisdom from all my mistakes.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.