is this a battery or alternator problem???

alright i have a 2003 dodge stratus stock batt stock alt....evry time i got to roll up a single power window my lights dim as if its to big of a load for the alt. especially on the rear window controls it just got new motors. so is my electrical damaged or worn or crappy enough that rolling windows up and down causes dimming?!?!?

edit: also the front windows are extremely slow to roll up and down is that just the motors dying or because of insufficient electrical?

Edited by Ji553r

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Have you done the Big 3 in 0-gauge?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Have you done the Big 3 in 0-gauge?

no i do have my extra kinetik in standby and im ordering wire here in the next 2 weeks....i dont see why i would need the big 3 though to roll up windows... i dont have any system in just a JVC head unit

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

no i do have my extra kinetik in standby and im ordering wire here in the next 2 weeks....i dont see why i would need the big 3 though to roll up windows... i dont have any system in just a JVC head unit

Big 3 will increase the majority of your current flow for all you car's accessories. It upgrades the wire from the alt to the batt, thereby decreasing the electrical resistance of the wire and putting less strain on your alt. If your car is 100% stock other than the headunit, there shouldn't be any dimming anyway, but the Big 3 can't hurt.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Throw the kinetic in there to replace the stocker, and see if that does anything, if not then get your alt checked. Thats what I'd do anyways. :drinks:

yeah id love to get the big 3 done ASAP it just seems wierd that windows can cause dimming. im sure my electrical has gotta be hurting somewhere i just wish i had the money for some dc power or iraggi

yeah id love to get the big 3 done ASAP it just seems wierd that windows can cause dimming. im sure my electrical has gotta be hurting somewhere i just wish i had the money for some dc power or iraggi

Now that I think of it have your dealership or someone check it out. If it's all stock there shouldn't be any dimming at all, so I think the issue is something I haven't thought of yet.

wtf is lolcats?

Dimming of the lights when the windows close/seal seems to be the norm on Cryslers...but if it's dimming while rolling them up, there is a problem. Have you tried revving some to see if it changes any?

Get the battery and alt tested (do it yourself if you're able), and go from there. If it's the alt, I hope it's easy to swap out for you.