My Sub Box Build Up( New Pics )

Alright, im using 4 MA Audio 12's, 2 kenwood amps, and a 9 cubic foot box (about 8 cubic feet after dis.) tuned to 33hz

here is the area im installing the box in

Posted Image

this is yesterdays work. I cut and put together the first three peices of mdf

Posted Image

and here is todays work 07/17/07

im almost finish it just that i changed my mind about the round ports some i am now doing a square port

this is the original design

Posted Image

this is what it looks like now but as i already said im going to redo the front and do square port but i dont no how wide or long the port should be so i was wondering if any could help me. the box is 53'' wide, 22'' tall, 18'' deep

Posted Image

this is the new design i just need someone to please give me the port lenght and width thanks.

Posted Image

i did this so i wouldnt have to keep making new topics

okay i crunched some numbers and figured a port 5'' tall and 11.5'' long but i still dont know how wide(______) it should be

man, i dont have a CLUE when it comes to port sizes etc, when i get the wood for these 15s i got im just gonna tap sum numbers into the REaudio calc and follow what that says! LOL :blush:

lol thats what i was trying to do

haha damn thats funny,, good luck to you my man, i know im gonna need it!!

oh arent u able to just add up the required dimensions for the subs, put that into the calc and tune the port to whatever floats ur boat?

im assuming this, but it seems to make sense, so long as the required dimensions for the subs are correct, this should work shouldnt it? :huh:

Archived