Sonic Electronix

02 denali ground location??? 2400rms

so far i got 2 interstate lead acid batts under the hood group 78 700cc amps each

1 run of 0 gauge monster cable to the rear seat

1 50 farad stinger cap

2 bd1000a1 amps

and 2 dual 4 ohm 15"l7s

i have yet to wire up and connect everything cuz im not exactly sure where to have a solid ground in the rear. i was thinkin the bolt that the seat bolts to but i feel like with this much power i should find some frame. any help/suggestions on any of my wiring and locations woud help (under hood and rear)

ive never had a problem just grounding to the body but ive never had over 1000rms before!!

***my future plans once i get some more $$$ is 8000w sampson hifonics, with 6 l7 15s, dual 260 amp alts, some 5 or so group 31 batts in a sic ported box(i was bout to do that but had to throw $5000 at my lawyer, made me check my prorities for a minute so for now 2 15s will have to do)

I have my ground on the seat bolt but it definitely is not the best place

if you do decide to go that route make sure you sand down underneath the bracket that holds your power wire coming off the alternator and then stick a ground between the block where the alt sits and the bracket then run that ground to the ground on your battery, then from that ground to a spot on your frame

that will ensure a better ground if you want to use the seat bolt

for the BEST ground get another 16-18ft length of 1/0 and run it from the negative on your front battery or the bolt where your alternator mounts up and then connect it to the battery in the rear.. yes.. ditch the cap and get a battery for that much power

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Archived