Sonic Electronix

Can't Decide On Equipment Upgrades

I can't seem to decide what I want equipment to upgrade with... i could use a little input. I know I want around 2000 watts with 2 - 12's or possibly 2 - 15's. I only have 36" wide x 14.5 High x 26.5 Deep to work with, so 2 - 15's is a stretch but i think i can pull it off. Originally I was looking at 2 FI SSD's (800 watts each @ $179 + $30 for BP upgrade) powered by a 1600 watt x 1 Soundstream Rubicon amp ($264). Recently I've seen a lot of people rockin' the American Bass sub's. I started looking into them & I like the XFL series (4 Ohm DVC, would wire down to 1 Ohm)& the price on them($169). The XFL's are 1000 watts rms which is about 200 watts (per sub) better than the SSD's (so I'm Leaning towards the American Bass sub's). Is FI any better Than American Bass?

For amps, I've been looking into the Soundstream TX1.2000D ($399) & the Audioque AQ2200D ($389). I'm not sure if the 2200 would be too much 2 - 1000 watt subs. I'm pretty sure they could handle it but I'm kind of obsessive compulsive lol. plus i don't really bump full tilt all the time as it is, & I'm only pushing around 300 - 550 now. I think if I had more power I would bump harder more often & that's why I want to upgrade. I'd rather have the proper equipment to make it louder with a clear response rather than turn up my current set up to the point where it sound like garbage, just to get loud. Is Soundstream any better than AudioQue?

When it comes to pricing, I don't want to spend much more than $200 per sub & no more than $400 on an amp. If anyone has any suggestions for different equipment in the same price range & power, I'de love to hear them.

Archived