Second Skin Audio

Needing a Enclosure built up for my Focus ZX3

now534

Ok so i bought this Focus ZX3 and picked up some Kenwood KFC-W3009 Subs. They are the 12" 4ohm model and im needing a box built or at least some dimesions for it. I can handle designing the box but the whole port tuning gets me confused. What i am looking for is a box built for 2 12's Ported and 32-37hz. I want the box to be 3 cu. ft. after sub displacement and port displacement.

My Maximum Outer Dimensions of the trunk space i want to use are:

Width:39.5"

Height:20"

Depth:20"

I would like to run a Slotted Port i know its probably not the best style but i really do not want to buy anything else for this setup besides the wood.

The whole box i will be using 3/4" MDF and for the front baffle i would like to use 1"MDF but can use 3/4 if i have to.

The amp i am using is my Profile HA1000. I've used it on a lot of setups and plan to use it on this one for a temporary setup. I will plan on upgrading the amp in the future though.

http://www.profileusa.com/products_amps_habaha.cfm

I have no idea if i can run the Amp bridged and split the 4ohm from the amp between the 2 subs but if i can thats what i would prefer to do. If you can help me out with this that would be greatly appreciated.

Archived