quick question about wiring...

dont get me wrong it WILL work, it just wont work as efficiently (voltage drop across the long length of wire) as the "correct" way.

but won't that do the following?:

1. get rid of the dimming.

2. charge the front battery.

3. charge the back battery.

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

but won't that do the following?:

1. get rid of the dimming.

2. charge the front battery.

3. charge the back battery.

both ways will charge both batteries and run all electronics in the car. but my way will be more efficient. as i said before, you cannot get rid of dimming by just adding/removing wire. the ONLY way to get rid of dimming (aka having a higher/more steady voltage) is to get a high output alternator. if you dont have the money for one, then i have to say too bad deal with it.

both ways will charge both batteries and run all electronics in the car. but my way will be more efficient. as i said before, you cannot get rid of dimming by just adding/removing wire. the ONLY way to get rid of dimming (aka having a higher/more steady voltage) is to get a high output alternator. if you dont have the money for one, then i have to say too bad deal with it.

but doesnt my diagram get rid of the dimming...???? The amp is no longer drawing power from the front battery... So there should be no reason the lights would dim... am i wrong?

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

but doesnt my diagram get rid of the dimming...???? The amp is no longer drawing power from the front battery... So there should be no reason the lights would dim... am i wrong?

no...you're not listening to me. everything in your car runs off the alternator when the car is running...everything. both our diagrams are the same except you have WAY more wire than you need to have, causing more dimming than you would have if you used my diagram.

no...you're not listening to me. everything in your car runs off the alternator when the car is running...everything. both our diagrams are the same except you have WAY more wire than you need to have, causing more dimming than you would have if you used my diagram.

well damn if everything runs off the alternator haha then yea im wrong hahaha, I thought everything ran off the battery all the time. Thats all you had to say lol. Thanks man I'll just have to up the alt then.

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

well damn if everything runs off the alternator haha then yea im wrong hahaha, I thought everything ran off the battery all the time. Thats all you had to say lol. Thanks man I'll just have to up the alt then.

well yes what do you think charged the batteries to keep them from dying? lol. thats the alternators only purpose, to keep the batteries charged and to power everything in the car.