Need Help Building A Box

k n wats all this stuff about tuning boxes ??

with one, u can have sertain frequencyz sound better and louder. i personally like 32-35 to get those low bass hits in songs. if u tune higher, the bass will sound different.

an easy example i can think of now would be grabbin a cup and place ur ear by where u would drink from. u will notice a sound, and the closer its to ur ear, the lower it sounds. if u move it slowly far from ur ear, the sound will have a higher pitch :blink: i think i just got my self confuced, but give it a try man, lol

• '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Installed the HU.. finally...
  • Look for a H.O. Alt
    yea... it bangs.. but still need some few things

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

with one, u can have sertain frequencyz sound better and louder. i personally like 32-35 to get those low bass hits in songs. if u tune higher, the bass will sound different.

an easy example i can think of now would be grabbin a cup and place ur ear by where u would drink from. u will notice a sound, and the closer its to ur ear, the lower it sounds. if u move it slowly far from ur ear, the sound will have a higher pitch :blink: i think i just got my self confuced, but give it a try man, lol

lol kk got it but how do u tune it ?

u tune by makin the port wide and longer. if ur using the page i posted, notice square port width / lenght and mess with it until u get the numbers u want where it says tunned frequency

• '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Installed the HU.. finally...
  • Look for a H.O. Alt
    yea... it bangs.. but still need some few things

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

i dont think the box will sound very good, and i think 2 is all you need, of the 12's because of room and stuff, that trunks not very big and the max to get in there would be 2 15's which is 30 inches in speaker so around 33 - 34 inches and with 4 you need at least 48 across or 24 top to bottom, which youy have neithier, but the box with 2 facin trunk and 2 facin back seats i think would sound like shit.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg