3 members have voted

1. 1. Tinted or Clear?

• Tinted
    • Clear
    • Clear lenses, blacked-out reflectors

Okay, a couple months ago I went on a niteshade frenzy and tinted damn near everything on my car: tails, light bar, reflectors, corner lights, blinkers, and...my fog bar. If you're not familiar with '88-'96 Grand Prixs, the sedans have a lamp bar between the headlights with 3 running lights in the middle and 880-series foglights on the ends. I tinted that to break up the monotonous look the car gets in the front; I didn't like that from one corner to the other looked like a giant strip of lights.

NOW! the tint has kinda blued a bit and a lot of it has rubbed off, so lately I have been debating what to do with it. I am debating between either cleaning it up and re-blacking it out, then clearing over it, or blasting all the tint off of it and just going back to a clear bar. I can't decide, so I'm opening this poll for you guys to decide: to tint, or to de-tint?

TINTED:

100_1289.jpg

100_1282.jpg

CLEAR:

10April010-1.jpg

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

hmmm maybe smoke ur headlights a little? that might make it look a little bit cleaner

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

I've thought about it, but I'm not sure if I want to or not. I think if I do that I want to just black out the reflectors like I said. I saw a thread on another forum where a guy did that to a Ram and it looks pretty killer. 26709_10150221010380335_558740334_13446177_5727922_n.jpg

Minus the eyebrows of course, but I was thinking it might be an idea.

Either way if I'm going to do that I want to wait until I can get some 55w HID's and a different type of tint because this niteshades crap is, well, crap.

EDIT: because the thread was apparently members-only?

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Kabump. I reread the thread about the Ram and he did NOT black-out the reflector bowls, said they did that with an '04 Prix's lights and they sucked big ones =/ I guess I'll just go to Napa and see if they'll mix me up some 'black clear' and put it in a can, if they still do that.