Sonic Electronix

Can someone help me with a port?

So I'm makeing a ported box for two 12inch subwoofers and I need some ones help...does it matter how wide a port is?I want to make a single chamber box with a four inch port.L shaped...would it be the same if the port was bigger or smaller tuned to the same frequency???

Try using the Torres Box Calculator. Its pretty easy to use and it will give you an idea of an acceptable port area as well as tuning. If you have further questions after using the calculator, let me know and I ll try n Help else im sure someone more knowledgeable then I will chime in :-)

my motto: hit it, quit it, never admit it :D

The bigger the opening the longer the port will be. The smaller the opening the shorter the port for same freq.Then comes how many cube's you going to put them in?

Headunit->kdx-493

memphis mojo mc2000d modded.

Stinger Cables 1/0

soundstream reference r1-15(can get nasty)

hifonics zxi6.5 components