Sonic Electronix

Even the way the subs are wired right now the lights dim, i blew one 30 and two 25 amp fuses today... I need to figure this out on a some what budget. Im debating on just throwing my 12's back in there and selling these 10's.

well its up to you bro, maybe the other users have some better knowledge of this situation.

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

well its up to you bro, maybe the other users have some better knowledge of this situation.

These 10's slam so much harder then my 12's though i mean its a HUGE difference, i have two 12" old school eclipse subs in a slot ported box, subs are 600watts peak SVC @ 8ohms

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

Wasn't the one you suggested a mono block? Is boss any good with their amps or am i wasting my money? Can i run dual 8ohm 12's off of that amp, its stable 600w @ 4ohms.

i myself have not really seen any dual 8's but i think that would give you a 2 ohm load (wired in parallel) maybe im wrong, but as far as the boss id think other users would say that its a waste of money but then again no personal experience just going by what ive heard.

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

i myself have not really seen any dual 8's but i think that would give you a 2 ohm load (wired in parallel) maybe im wrong, but as far as the boss id think other users would say that its a waste of money but then again no personal experience just going by what ive heard.

Well i know audiopipe isn't too bad, my neighbor has a 15" audiopipe hooked up to a MTX mono block amp and a square rockford cap, that shit bangs in his jeep.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

These 10's slam so much harder then my 12's though i mean its a HUGE difference, i have two 12" old school eclipse subs in a slot ported box, subs are 600watts peak SVC @ 8ohms

oh lol you meant 2 8ohm svc subs sorry yea that would give you a 4 ohm load wire in parallel sorry.. reading>me :noob:

yea from what ive heard they make pretty decent amp and subs.

yea from what ive heard they make pretty decent amp and subs.

IMO.. off brand of audiobahn, i had two 12" audiobahn SVC 1100 watt subs being bridged off of a 1000 watt California profile amp, those subs cracked the back window in a 90 geo storm i had.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

I wish there was an eclipse guru on this forum, i can't remember the model of mine... think they are like 8812.5 or something... i can't find them anywhere online.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

http://www0.epinions.com/prices/pr-Eclipse_87121_DVC_Car-Subwoofer

That is the closest thing i could find to them, mine are SVC though and not all shiny, just a flat black. I'll pull one of the subs out tomorrow and check the back for the model.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

Why not help him fix his wiring instead of recommending a different amp?

Wiring.jpg

Wire up your subs like that for a 4 ohm load total (2 ohms per channel). You'll be seeing a lot less power, but you will stop blowing fuses.

Thx for the info man, i re wired them like this and haven't blow a fuse yet. Thanks again bro.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.