Sonic Electronix

So im sitting there and im listning to psyph an i say this will sound better with a lil bass. so i turn it down an turn my subs on an turn the bass up an i turn the volume back up. i got some bass then it just stopped hittn but the music was still playing i went to my back seat an checked all my wires and there still good even the ones on the subs an my amp was still on an didnt go into protect mode.. Sound still comes out of them jus no bass.. ideas anyone?

well, it'll make you shit bricks.

Sounds like you blew your subs. Thats the only thing I can think of for the amp not to go into protect mode but the subs are out. Did you double check your RCAs?

Edited by ant the ninja

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Sounds like you blew your subs. Thats the only thing I can think of for the amp not to go into protect mode but the subs are out. Did you double check your RCAs?

yeah i most likly sounds like ur subs r blown but u could also check the RCA's and i would check all the wires again because there could be some + and - being crossed somewhere u didnt see

System mainly by pioneer.

A DEH-P4200UB head-unit

TS-A6993R 6x9's

TS-A1782R 6 3/4's

GM-D9500F amp powering the speakers

2 TS-W3002D2 12" subs in a custom vented box made by me

2 GM-D8500M amps for the subs

2 car audio batteries and a 2 farad cap. powering it.

Also sound dampining by Dynamat.

yeah i most likly sounds like ur subs r blown but u could also check the RCA's and i would check all the wires again because there could be some + and - being crossed somewhere u didnt see

why the fuck is everyone saying this? you cant just come up with that solution without troubleshooting first. the OP NEVER mentioned any smell that came from the speakers, or that they were hot as fuck when they stopped working, or that they dont move when you push on the cone

Kranny ur right on that. im sure id be able to smell somethn burning if my back seats are down an my car isnt in motion lol. an my subs were cold but not too cold cuz its another hot day in ohio...

Edited by Incin

well, it'll make you shit bricks.

why the fuck is everyone saying this? you cant just come up with that solution without troubleshooting first. the OP NEVER mentioned any smell that came from the speakers, or that they were hot as fuck when they stopped working, or that they dont move when you push on the cone

I agree, always check all wiring before you start assuming things are broken. And Kranny the 2 people who jumped to this conclusion... 6 posts and 62 posts. noobs?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I agree, always check all wiring before you start assuming things are broken. And Kranny the 2 people who jumped to this conclusion... 6 posts and 62 posts. noobs?

indeed. noobs.

noob.jpg

Dont give advice unless you have a clue what your talking about. If you dont then sit back and wait for the good advice to come in, and learn. I barely knew how to wire an amp when I first found this website, im NO pro but I understand worlds more now than I did then. Read and ask questions

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts