Sundown Audio

Kicker Zx2500.1 Issue

I'm having a problem with my ZX2500.1 amp and also the ZX650.4.

I'll start with the 2500.1.

Here's my hook up... I'm gonna start from the Alt.

300A alt - 1/0 wire to 300A fuse to Battery (+) ---- Battery (-) 1/0 wire to chassis & 1/0 wire from engine to chassis. From Battery (+) 1/0 wire to 300A fuse then into conduit running along underside of body up through rear trunk area. then wire going into distribution block. On other side of block 1/0 wire to 300A fuse then into ZX2500.1 amp. Ground at rear trunk area at 2 places.

Battery up front is a 34/78 Optima Red Top. Settings on amp are only 1/4 turn for gain and all others are at zero.

With stereo playing at half the volume, the bass is strong for about 3 minutes, then will go into protection. This is where I would hope you guys could answer why?!!!

I have had a orion amp & MTX amp hooked up to this with "no" problems, but with this Kicker amp, it goes into protect. The sound is then muffled and scared not to leave volume up cause last time, it some how burnt the caps in the amp. So I had to send it to Kicker for repairs. Now it seems like almost the same thing is about to happen. Reason sent to Kicker: Bought new, powered up amp, both green and red lights were on. doesn't say anything about both lights being on together in the manual. Smoke appeared - caps fried.

Also my 4 channel amp goes into protect before my sub amp, but comes back on with in a min.

So I'm lost. I have checked everything I could think of. DMM on battery, wires both - & + both volts and ohms. all connections. With sub amp on, I only see down to 13.2V but peaks around 15.3 for recharge on battery. Load tested battery and they load tested upto 900CCA and said its better than normal, mines only 800CCA, lol.

I was thinking maybe its the remote wire, not giving the amp enough power? it read like 12.?V Remote wire is hooked to back of radio.

Also I know I need another battery or 2, which I will be getting soon. But not needing the extra power to figure this out!

Also subs are 2ohm into amp, so amp is seeing that - well, after ohmming it out before the amp, it sees 1.8 ohms, but not thinking it would be the problem. Tried wiring the subs to 4 and 8 ohm. same thing happens.

PLEASE HELP