Sonic Electronix

Okay so here is my story. I'm selling my car soon and I don't want to buy the $8 0 dash kit for my car, 1997 Ford Taurus. In my opinion the dumbest dash ever made. I got the idea from when I used to run my subs off of my old computer power supply. Right now I'm running my little 300W amp to my battery and my headunit off that same power wire. For the reason of the dash kit being so pricey and me selling the car soon. It runs good as it is right now, shakes my car how I was hoping for such little power but the amp/2nd headunit stays on when the car is off. So I have to disconnect the power wire from my amp so it doesn't drain my battery at night. Is there anyway I can setup some sort of switch to cut the power to the amp/2nd headunit?

use a simple switch you can get from the automotive store. autozone, oreilly's etc. get one that has 3 legs. wire the + from the battery on one of the outside legs and wire the + going to the remote switch on the amp in the middle leg, leaving one leg unused.

that should work but im not 100% certain

See thats what I was thinking, I'm going to give that a try in a few minutes. For some reason yesterday I had my heart set on the power wire from the battery and from the headunit on the 2 outside prongs and another wire in the middle going to the power terminal on the amp and it would work for the most part but no power to headunit.

Archived