4" Midrange And 1"silk Tweeter (where To Place Em)

CUT BUDDY

I know kickpanel placement sounds good for midrange and tweets but I noticed in Steve's truck he has a 4" midrange and a tweeter in his A-Pillar. With a 3way comp set (6.75" midbass, 4" midrange, 1" tweet) do u think the 4" and 1" would sound better in the kick panels or glassed in the a-pillars? The midbass is defenitely being glassed at the bottom of the door.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

Guest MegaloManiac

depends on you really. Try a variety of places and see what sounds best to you.

i know of 1 person who has their midrange and tweets in the pillar and it sounds awesome, she competes in SQ too.

Another friend who competes as well has his tweets in the pillar and midrange in the kicks.

*keep in mind those people had a 3-way frontstage.

Thanks Mega. Its a 3way comp set. I used to have some tweets in my a-pillars before and they sounded great like that. I came up with the idea of the midrange and tweet being in the A-pillars cuz I was always told to keep your vocals and highs up high around dash level. That one 3way set aught to get it done. I want it to be fairly loud just as much as I want the sq too. The midbass is recommended 100rms, the 4" is recommended 60rms and the tweet is 100rms. Never worked with a 3way system before but Im sure the crossover would divide the power up as needed. So I was going to give em 300rms on each side. Because the efficiency is 90db so I was gonna give em a lil extra to make up for it. I appreciate ur help bro.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

yo im putting mine in my center console, 4 in. mids and tweeters as well, my build is in the fab part, im doing it right now

Baylor University

Accounting

Guest MegaloManiac

in SQ the idea is for the sound to be above dash level and sound as if your speakers are sitting right in front of you(eyelevel) from about mid hood distance.

think about it when you go to a concert does the music come from your feet?...no, it comes from the front at eyelevel.

Archived