teamSPB Posted June 12, 2011 Author Report Posted June 12, 2011 Quick video from today...will upload the rest tomorrow teamSPB
teamSPB Posted June 13, 2011 Author Report Posted June 13, 2011 Bit of an update for you all.... Since Modified Nationals 2 weeks ago, I havent touched the system due to other commitments, which made me a little unsure if I should go to PVS (including the weather)...I decided to make a trip up regardless allowing me some more test time with the system. After Modded Nats, we had broken the following bits; Wiper linkage snapped Wiper motor broken and not working Roof build screen broken PC hard drive failing more and more Screws coming out of the door builds so top sections are coming away Now, with the wiper motor and linkage broken, it means I have no wipers, so they have been taped up....most people in the UK saw what the weather on sunday was like....rain rain and more rain! This made for a rather interesting drive to Santa Pod and back! BUT....Rain-X to the rescue!!! Around 8 layers later, the water was gliding off the screen at speeds of over 35mph...happy days! Requred some concentration on the slower roads though lol!!! Having got to PVS...it was a washout to be fair...still lots of people about, but no track action and a VERY wet day! Still didnt stop us dBdrag guys doing what we do best though!! Having drawn HUGE crowds in throughout the morning...everyone pushed me into giving the vehicle a run through the lanes and seeing what numbers she puts out even though the batteries were flat (havent charged them since before Modded Nats!!!) Our previous best was 157.2 dB @ 29hz sealed up and 157.5dB with the passenger door open. First up was dB drag...we did a best of 156.8db @ 29hz I think it was, which beat Matt by 0.1dB on the day....which then he was upset and pulled a 157.1 I think it was lol!! DAMN!! Matt ill have you next time when I charge my batteries haha! Then we messed about with bassrace...first run (qualifying), we did 149.6 I think it was, second run, 149.8 and third was 149.9...after a few practice runs with a few different tunes, 149.9 was pretty easy for the system....however, there did seem to be a few problems with the ipod rolling in the volume rather than allowing me to come in with a bang.... In the final, Matt beat me with me 149.9 while I got a 149.8 but again, with silly problems while I was playing 'Catch-up' as it were... We then did a flat out bass race run...where 2 of my subs appeared to cut out...leaving me with an average of only 142db after around 10seconds!!! The other amps kicked back into life and I was playing at 158.1db with the doors shut bringing my final average to 154or 155db! We then drove home in the rain again LOL! So there we have it people....158.1dB on music so far!! This was built to play music...and it does so! Beeji....I hope your proud of what I built! Videos coming up teamSPB
teamSPB Posted June 14, 2011 Author Report Posted June 14, 2011 Water jumping off the screen Jasons back!
teamSPB Posted June 14, 2011 Author Report Posted June 14, 2011 More water trying to make a big for freedom Dean is back!!
teamSPB Posted June 19, 2011 Author Report Posted June 19, 2011 Here's what today's antics left me with teamSPB
teamSPB Posted June 21, 2011 Author Report Posted June 21, 2011 Heres an AWESOME video I found of the Previa made by Am Singh at Blade ICE Ill upload some more tomorrow teamSPB
teamSPB Posted June 21, 2011 Author Report Posted June 21, 2011 And some pics of the wiper motor damage.... Ripped the strengthening plate right off including the welded in bolts When I opened the bonnet...the wiper motor was just hanging down lol..I guess that might have had something to do with the the wipers not working...although the snapped linkages happened first lol!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.