Sonic Electronix

Hello, yeah i was wondering what exactly is a bandpass subwoofer? is it mainly a sub that needs a air port? im not sure im audio noob.. lol yeah hah my name says king im really a noob. and how many inches by inches do i need to have to make a box for a single i believe bandpass 15 inch woofer? and btw im gonna use plywood. i got no idea where to get mdf besides online which id rather just not do. please reply asap, thankyou!

theres a thread with all the terms you can think of defined lemme see if i can dig it up, and DO NOT USE PLYWOOD! MDF can be found at lowes homedepot or any home improvment store really, and why do you want a bandpass?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Bandpass subwoofer? You mean a bandpass box? First off, what kind of sub is it? It'll probably be easier to build a ported box for it instead being it's easier to design/build. Also, you can buy mdf from Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

unless you really know what your doin don't attempt to build a bandpass box yourself maybe a simple ported box

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Dude don't build a band-pass box.

You make on little screw up and the whole box is junk.

Just build a ported.

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

well the woofer comes from like a home audio system like speaker system. but bumps really good its for my computer, it is for a stereo like for ur home but im gona use it for my computer. i just want the sub to have its own box and i want to know what kind of box do i make and how big should i make it so the box isnt to big or to little for the one 15". idk about bandpass thats why im asking. all i want is a simple ported or non ported box. wat do you guys think i should use since my woofer isnt exactly name brand and it isnt made for cars. and yes ther are lowes around me how much is mdf? or whatever mfd whichever. and its about how much? and how many sheets do i need for one 15"?

Edited by AudioMasterKing

Mdf cost's 30 bucks

Don't use crappy plywood.

Edited by chevyman217

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes