Sonic Electronix

so amp wise would i be asken to much if i wanted to ask for a newer amp in trade for a old school amp? i been told from 2 audio shops that its still worth a few hundred bucks but i rather trade for a newer amp. would that be asken to much or normal?

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

my old school amp is a eclipse 34230 class a/b amp unregulated power i googled the specs and it says its 370x2 at 4 ohms but if ya do the volts x amps its more. 100 amps x say 13.6 = 1360 watts total. so i'll say its 680x2 at 13.6 volts. i'd like a 3000 watt audio pipe or a 2000 soundstream. i'd wanna do a fair value trade

techforce_teamdbs.gif

just because it has a 100amp fuse doesnt mean it does 1300 watts. you need to know how efficient the amp is. also when the amperage reaches the fuse rating, the fuse pops so you dont want to get to 100amps. at least not for a long time.

go with the real amp ratings. dont think you know better than the manufacturer.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thats just a genral wattage rating. this amp is 18" long bout a foot wide. and its a class a/b amp so i have now clue how efficient it is. but my main question is if i was told this amp is still worth some real bucks would i be asken to much to trade for a decent out put class d amp

techforce_teamdbs.gif

lets do it like this, 100 amps times 14.1 volts = 1410 times the general efficiency of an A/B amp ~30%IIRC = 423 watts

Efficiency is prolly closer to 50%, idr what it is on a/b amps, just that it's pretty low.

Edited by vengfuldev

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

then why did the 2 shops i took it to tell me its worth a few hundred bucks?

Because that's what they feel it's worth, it's like having a nice car from the 60's and a decent car from 2000, which is going to be worth more? Just the way it works with some things I guess.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

so your sayen since it holds its value i wouldnt be asken alot for a trade for say a audiopipe 3000.1. i'm just going by value not power

I wouldn't think so, if they're going to give you the money for it then what the hell. but watch what you buy/trade for, EricR on here scared me out of buying an ap3k :peepwall:

Dc Audio

Team Fur