Sonic Electronix

so im in need of another system. i sold my last one since i had bills to pay and now regret it.

well im looking at the SSA Icon subs and want to get 2 15s but im not sure if they would be worth it. it says theyre rated at 1000 watts RMS but could they handle more without too much stress? i dont know of very many ppl with these so ive never heard if they're good or not.

would Fi BLs be a better choice?

and the amp i will have is a hifonics 2610D. its all going into a trunk just incase that will effect things such as space needed for a good enough box and stuff

Whats the amp put out at 1 ohm ? if its like 500 extra rms you'll be fine. I have my T3 T-1000's and im running 3krms to em both so 1.5krms each and they take it nice

2600 @ 14volts but im idling at around 12.6 with no voltage drop at all so im not sure exactly how many watts the subs will see

i need a damn HO ALT already. money is tight tho so ill have to save up a few extra bucks for that

Edited by eduardo817

well that isnt gona be a true 2600rms to be honest. and do you have and electrical set up? extra batts bigger alt?

yea i knew that .i have two walmart batteries in the trunk as of right now. looking to get a HO alt soon and atleast 2 kinetik batts but who knows when that'll be. did what i could so i have big 3 in 0 gauge and 2 runs of 4 gauge back to the trunk to the second batt

2600 @ 14volts but im idling at around 12.6 with no voltage drop at all so im not sure exactly how many watts the subs will see

i need a damn HO ALT already. money is tight tho so ill have to save up a few extra bucks for that

you idle at 12.6v? as in the car is running? thats really not good. you should see at least 13.8v. if the alt is only charging to 12.6v then i would not run a system off it. you need to get a new alt or get that one rebuilt.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you idle at 12.6v? as in the car is running? thats really not good. you should see at least 13.8v. if the alt is only charging to 12.6v then i would not run a system off it. you need to get a new alt or get that one rebuilt.

I agree, your volt meter isn't hooked up to the remote wire coming off of your deck is it? Because if the volt meter's constant and rem on wires are hooked up to the remote off of the head unit, it will read wrong.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

I agree, your volt meter isn't hooked up to the remote wire coming off of your deck is it? Because if the volt meter's constant and rem on wires are hooked up to the remote off of the head unit, it will read wrong.

i dont know if other units are different but my hu's remote lead has always read the same as my power wires.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i dont know if other units are different but my hu's remote lead has always read the same as my power wires.

Oh, maybe so then. I first hooked up my volt meter to the remote wire and it would always read as mid 12's. I knew something wasn't right so I switched it and now its 13.8 to 14.2.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur