Sundown Audio

Orion 430 Cobalt (Old School)

Playa Named Joe

is there a rubber grommet on one side of the amp?

the looks of this pic

l_deb35114c8a04c13b383362d8230ac4c.jpg

on the far left side is a rubber grommet, and some old school amps have the power wires ran threw there

i had a old ass pioneer amp that had that kind of connection, i should have soldered it but i was hella noob back then and didn't really know how to solder then either so ive got rid of alot of stuff from not knowing wtf stuff was

ya, just as i thought, heres what im talking bout

1_511200921913846.jpg

see the wires comeing out of the side of the amp? thats your power and ground wires, if u dont have those the amp wont work unless u make some, i think there around 12 to 10guage or so, u might have to wing it with a soldering iron and make all the stuff for that amp, or take out the plug that the plug goes into and make ur own wires and plug for speakers n what knot,

steve got some plugs when he wired up the hooptys doors, u could use those but i forgot where he got them from, and just make ur own plug and what knot, cant be to hard to get it up and running if ur willing to try

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

nvm, i looked at the other pics and u got those wires lol

u could try this if u want to, take some of these

redspade2.jpg

cut off half of the plug so it will fit into connector place, those lil pieces should slide into the holes on those plugs, and u can try n make it work with those, i was gunna say use regular disconnects but there to big

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

nvm, i looked at the other pics and u got those wires lol

u could try this if u want to, take some of these

redspade2.jpg

cut off half of the plug so it will fit into connector place, those lil pieces should slide into the holes on those plugs, and u can try n make it work with those, i was gunna say use regular disconnects but there to big

How well do you think it would work? You have link to them? lol

Thanks

u can get those at walmart if u want to, there called female spade disconnects

but if u really want to acually use it i would take that end piece out and tap into the wires going to the plug and make my own wireing with maby these ends on em

Insulated%20bullet%20_%20receptacle%20disconnects362.jpg

those are called female bullet disconnects, u can wire the female onto the amps wireing and then what ever wires u want to go to it u can put a male bullet end on it so it will just plug in and u can tape it to stay or w/e, thats what i would do, and would work a whole lot better

if u do decide to try this u need to some how tell what tit goes to what connection, either take a pic and lable it or something so u dont mess it up, and then check on back side of amp n just go one at a time takeing them off so u kno u aint changed anything,

they make all kinds of diff color bullet connectors so u can do like the remote wire one a diff connector or just add some 18guage wire to it and run it out the hole the power wires come out of, and then like use yellow for front left, red for front right, blue for left rear, and w/e for right rear or something like that

it can be done tho, might takea couple hrs, if u get side tracked u can look at the board in teh amp cause most if not all speaker terminals are labled something to what they are in the circuit, i kno the ones in my hifonics is when i took the cover off to see if anything was blown

hmm, i think i got it, take some 16 gauge wire or something and strip it back a lil bit and loop it around the legs going into the board and rap it back around the wire and solder and heat shrink it, ive done this befor, or find a plug that will fit the terminals

is there a rubber grommet on one side of the amp?

the looks of this pic

l_deb35114c8a04c13b383362d8230ac4c.jpg

on the far left side is a rubber grommet, and some old school amps have the power wires ran threw there

i had a old ass pioneer amp that had that kind of connection, i should have soldered it but i was hella noob back then and didn't really know how to solder then either so ive got rid of alot of stuff from not knowing wtf stuff was

ya, just as i thought, heres what im talking bout

1_511200921913846.jpg

see the wires comeing out of the side of the amp? thats your power and ground wires, if u dont have those the amp wont work unless u make some, i think there around 12 to 10guage or so, u might have to wing it with a soldering iron and make all the stuff for that amp, or take out the plug that the plug goes into and make ur own wires and plug for speakers n what knot,

steve got some plugs when he wired up the hooptys doors, u could use those but i forgot where he got them from, and just make ur own plug and what knot, cant be to hard to get it up and running if ur willing to try

Yeah, it's 12 gauge power and ground coming out of it. Thanks

u can get those at walmart if u want to, there called female spade disconnects

but if u really want to acually use it i would take that end piece out and tap into the wires going to the plug and make my own wireing with maby these ends on em

Insulated%20bullet%20_%20receptacle%20disconnects362.jpg

those are called female bullet disconnects, u can wire the female onto the amps wireing and then what ever wires u want to go to it u can put a male bullet end on it so it will just plug in and u can tape it to stay or w/e, thats what i would do, and would work a whole lot better

if u do decide to try this u need to some how tell what tit goes to what connection, either take a pic and lable it or something so u dont mess it up, and then check on back side of amp n just go one at a time takeing them off so u kno u aint changed anything,

they make all kinds of diff color bullet connectors so u can do like the remote wire one a diff connector or just add some 18guage wire to it and run it out the hole the power wires come out of, and then like use yellow for front left, red for front right, blue for left rear, and w/e for right rear or something like that

it can be done tho, might takea couple hrs, if u get side tracked u can look at the board in teh amp cause most if not all speaker terminals are labled something to what they are in the circuit, i kno the ones in my hifonics is when i took the cover off to see if anything was blown

Alright Thanks. I'll try that

hmm, i think i got it, take some 16 gauge wire or something and strip it back a lil bit and loop it around the legs going into the board and rap it back around the wire and solder and heat shrink it, ive done this befor, or find a plug that will fit the terminals

I don't really want to mess with the originality of the amp, but if that's the only way... I must take it. I'm not even sure if the amp works.

Archived