Second Skin Audio

Would a port like this work?

and the middle sub won't have a loading problem?

I don't believe it would, but I'm not a big fan of three sub setups, so I've never had any personal experience. On the other hand, I'm gonna do 3 8's in my mustang all forward, sealed from the trunk. only way I can fit it is similar to your first design, with the port running behind the subs...I already know I'll have loading issues, trying to figure out how to minimize em though.

I don't believe it would, but I'm not a big fan of three sub setups, so I've never had any personal experience. On the other hand, I'm gonna do 3 8's in my mustang all forward, sealed from the trunk. only way I can fit it is similar to your first design, with the port running behind the subs...I already know I'll have loading issues, trying to figure out how to minimize em though.

why will you have them but I wont?

why will you have them but I wont?

I'm gonna do a box like your first pic, not like the one I drew for you. mine will be like this--

OOO[] Three subs and the port forward, so I'll have to run the port behind the subs...

Just got an idea. If you put the port at the bottom on your box and run straight back, it would probably be better than dropping down, THEN going back.

I'm gonna do a box like your first pic, not like the one I drew for you. mine will be like this--

OOO[] Three subs and the port forward, so I'll have to run the port behind the subs...

Just got an idea. If you put the port at the bottom on your box and run straight back, it would probably be better than dropping down, THEN going back.

with the room that I have, it has to up/down at some point.

It would be better to start it low, then go up in the back, rather than having two corners in the port. Unless you MUST have the port at the top, like if you're gonna be hauling stuff that would block a low port.

I just looked and I won't need 2 corners. I can just port upwards

the port can just go all across the top of the enclose (end to end), 3.5 inches tall (which will give me about 18^2 inches per cube) and it will be 35" long, giving me a tuning fq around 33 HZ

Yeah my head was hurting looking at those pics trying to figure out wtf was going on. The opening of your port should be straight flowing not a 90 degree turn.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Yeah my head was hurting looking at those pics trying to figure out wtf was going on. The opening of your port should be straight flowing not a 90 degree turn.

yeah this is my first build and I'm not exactly thinking before I do things (up until now maybe). The only way to do it the RIGHT way is to port up, and I have no problem with that.