Need home receiver help no clue whats going on

Ok so my friend gave this receiver because it wasn't working. so i get it home and open it up and see 2 blown fuses. so i replace 2 of the fuse on the I guess PCU looking part of the receiver? im not sure what its called i dont know anything about home receivers.. ok well i get the fuses replaced and i plug in the receiver and all of the sudden the light in my bedroom gets so dim that it is almost completely off & then the fuses blow. sooo whats going on here? Thanks in Advance. Oh and all i know about the receiver is its a Techwood. & my friend said it messed up cuz he hooked to many speakers up to one channel haha. so any help is appreciated.

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Sounds like a short somewhere. No offense, but techwood isn't...good...so it probably wouldn't be worth fixing, IMO. I've had a few cheap receivers do the same thing. I was trying to fry one so I could get a warranty claim before it expired. Hooked up a bunch of speakers all in parallel, had like a .2 ohm load lol. most home receivers are only good for higher ohm loads (8, sometimes 4, etc) and it made the lights blink, blew the breaker, and started smoking. Mine have never had fuses though.

well I got it for free so I'm just messing with it to see if I can get it workin. Also it was made in 1999 so it's older so that's probably why it has fuses..

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Archived