Sonic Electronix

Big Problems, First big System :-/

Guest jbinn

Ok so im running:

AudioPipe 1500.1D @ 1 OHM (1500RMS)

and a custom PSI 18" 1600RMS in a 5.4cubic box @ 34hz with 80sqinches of port.

I had the wires hooked bridged on the amplifier but on RCA's I used input not bridged (does this matter?)

I had the gain half way to test and then I turned up the bass knob all the way the sub started to smell...

why is this?

can anyone help me... why would my sub be hot and smell warm with the gain only half way?

1st off the gain isnt a volume knob. it could be all the way down and the amp is working at max power. its getting hot because its clipping. read up on how to set the gains on the amp with a DMM and never touch that bass boost again. leave it at 0!

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Ok so im running:

AudioPipe 1500.1D @ 1 OHM (1500RMS)

and a custom PSI 18" 1600RMS in a 5.4cubic box @ 34hz with 80sqinches of port.

I had the wires hooked bridged on the amplifier but on RCA's I used input not bridged (does this matter?)

I had the gain half way to test and then I turned up the bass knob all the way the sub started to smell...

why is this?

can anyone help me... why would my sub be hot and smell warm with the gain only half way?

the smell could just be epoxy or the CA glue burning off, but you can smell warm? lol, and im not sure if that amp can be bridged, i could be wrong tho, try it on just 1 channel no bridging whatso ever and see if the sub still gets hot or not

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

the smell could just be epoxy or the CA glue burning off, but you can smell warm? lol, and im not sure if that amp can be bridged, i could be wrong tho, try it on just 1 channel no bridging whatso ever and see if the sub still gets hot or not

good point. that is a mono block amp. you cant bridge it. more proof that you need to read more and stop guessing.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Guest jbinn

You can bridge two AudioPipe 1500's together... I shouldnt be on bridged I just read that I need to be using the Input (which I was before)... I know about clipping, but I just find it funny that the subwoofer would heat up that quick. and no i cant smell warm... I smelt something similar to coil burn it coulda been glue but i dont know, but woofer was really warm

You can bridge two AudioPipe 1500's together... I shouldnt be on bridged I just read that I need to be using the Input (which I was before)... I know about clipping, but I just find it funny that the subwoofer would heat up that quick. and no i cant smell warm... I smelt something similar to coil burn it coulda been glue but i dont know, but woofer was really warm

but you only have one 1500 correct? why would i be talking about what you can do with 2 amps if you only have one?

you know about clipping but dont know how to NOT clip? i blew 2 speakers from about 10 seconds of clipping so its not weird at all that they got hot fast. no do what i said in my 1st post before you burn up your new system.

ok so im new with the whole bass knob thing so appearently this is a bass boost not a gain control? sooo how do I tune the knob to my gain on my amplifier?

you cant tune the knob to be a gain. its either one or another.

what you can do is set the gain WITH A DMM, with the bass boost all the way up. then all you can do is cut back the signal instead of adding and clipping

Guest jbinn

you cant tune the knob to be a gain. its either one or another.

what you can do is set the gain WITH A DMM, with the bass boost all the way up. then all you can do is cut back the signal instead of adding and clipping

Dude back off I said I was new with bass knobs all you had to say was they add bass boost and cause clipping u didnt have to be a dick

Most likely clipping. Hell, my old Ap1500 clipped the shit out of my LvL4. If using the bass knob, IIRC, turn it all the way UP before adjusting the voltage with the DMM.

Dude back off I said I was new with bass knobs all you had to say was they add bass boost and cause clipping u didnt have to be a dick

How was skittles being a dick?