Got a Viper? Got android/smartphone? You need this!

Module costs $300 retail to add to a compatible directed electronics unit (viper, Python, Clifford). First year is free, then I believe $20-$30 a year after.

soo then you have to pay for the viper alarm along with the module! and you cant just do the cheapest viper alarm the one i looked at retailed for $300 + you have to spend $300+ or more for the module. then you have to spend like 7.99 for the app on your phone! also you have to throw the cost of the phone in there too!

and thats all just to unlock your car from really far away!!???

its a waist of money i think!

Are you serious? you do understand that "your opinion" is based on what you have; both physically and financially. The OEM automakers are moving to smartphone interface such as Mercedes-Benz with the MBrace system (though not as perfect as the Viper system because of legality issues that Mercedes wants to protect their clients privacy. Unlike viper and a $300 module, Mercedes cheapest vehicle is $30,000)

Further, consumers are pairing their smartphones to Remote Start systems, not for keyless entry.

Such as my MB clients with their KeylessGo they never have to remove their key from their pocket. start the vehicle 15 minutes before hand, walk up, get in, push the start switch 2X, and drive away as long as you hold one of the coded MB keys. Same with the Infiniti, Nissan, and Acura... Soon to be Saab (here)

I do not believe you grasp the full concept when you made your opinion. Convenience is key to some people while others enjoy gadgets. Further, their are many people who see the value of this feature as making their life easier. I can provide over 100 examples of how my clients rave about this "waste of money" as you called it.

There is a whole category of people you need to think about, professionals! Those that go to work every day to run a company, or are a huge part of how a company operates successfully and gross over 6 figures a year.

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Archived