Sundown Audio

hifonics brutus bxi2006d problems

monster9391

I have a Hifonics Brutus BXI2006D i love it works great but i got in my car this morning and started my car everything turned on it had beat for a couple of seconds then it stoped all i had was hihs. it still has power and is not in protect mode and did not smell burning or see any smoke and i dont know what is wrong. please help me out.

Pioneer deh 2100b

(2)Hifonics Brutus BXI2006D

Crossfire 200 watt 2 channel

soon to be 4 DC level 3 15's

(2)gel batts

Big 3

200 Amp Alt

Checked your fuses, loose connections?

yeah all my fuses are good and i checked all my conections they aer all good. its not making any sense

Pioneer deh 2100b

(2)gel batts

Big 3

200 Amp Alt

open it up and look for chard marks.

rca could have come loose.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

open it up and look for chard marks.

rca could have come loose.

still under warranty and has those warranty will void if tampored with stickes on the bottom and they rip when you try to peel them off so it could be bad rca conection or something with the rca conections inside the amp

Pioneer deh 2100b

(2)gel batts

Big 3

200 Amp Alt

If the problem persists, just send it in. That's what its there for. I mean if you can't find anything that's changed with your set up and It has no output.. Use what they give you (warranty)!

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

If the problem persists, just send it in. That's what its there for. I mean if you can't find anything that's changed with your set up and It has no output.. Use what they give you (warranty)!

it just doesnt make sense how it would stop i check rcas and i just dont know. looks like im sending it out i guess i hope it soesnt take to long to fix or replace.

Pioneer deh 2100b

(2)gel batts

Big 3

200 Amp Alt

I had a bxi2010D, worked fine for about 6 months and then one day just quit, had no output while not being in protect or anything. Looked around, checked everything (RCA, +, -, etc) everything looked good. Sent it back to sonic electronix and they said I had fried a bunch of shit inside. Didn't make any sense but they gave me some store credit and it worked out okay.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

my brand new BRZ2400.1 did the same thing where it acts fine and doesnt smoke or stink but quits working..i just sent my back to sonicelectronix today hopefully they can tell me whats up but i think this is a common hifonics problem but im not sure that's just what ive seen in the little bit ive read in the past week or so good luck tho theyre good sounding amps if you can keep them from messing up or get a defective one

2 15" Kicker 08 dual 4 ohm L7's down to 1 ohm, 220 amp alternator, PPI art series a404.2 4 channel, alpine cda-105 HU, memphis audio doors, audiobauhn tweets, hifonics BRZ2400.1D, 0 gauge wire, pioneer 5x7's

i think it might be the caps blowing...

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.